Sign in to follow this  
T-Mo

Wheel Horse Calender

T-Mo

I have been playing around a little and made this little calender for September. I made one for August also. I made it in Word and copied into Paint so I can post it her. Since I'm almost computer illiterate, not all the calender came across when I pasted it, but you can get the ideal.

calender.jpg

I found the picture from an ebay auction, so I probably shouldn't use it, but it's all for fun anyways. :D Anyone have an idea on how to actually make a working calender? :P

nylyon

Wow, that's really nice, you have a knack for this. If you make more, I would be interested in getting a copy. Heck, I'll even send you a picture or two to include....

T-Mo

My question would be is MS Word the best software for this or not. Right now, I just used one of the templates and modified it and then added the picture. Though I have a few pictures, new ones would be welcome.

nylyon

Word would probably work well, have you ever used MS Publisher? Might be a little easier with this type of thing...

T-Mo

Word would probably work well, have you ever used MS Publisher? Might be a little easier with this type of thing...

No, I would have to see if it's part of the software package our company provides us. We use MS Office here at work as we have PC's, but at home I have a Mac, though I could get MS Office for Mac. I'll check to see what's available for my work PC.

Curmudgeon

Whenever I make calendars, I use software specifically for making calendars. Kind of like the right tool for the job. Sure you can make do, but proper tools are SO MUCH EASIER.

Any place that sells software should have it. You might also find some for a free download at someplace like http://www.tucows.com/ .

Dale, in Michigan

CasualObserver

a basic cheap software is "Calendar Creator" You can look at it here

http://tinyurl.com/3cf83l

Curmudgeon

I do believe that's the one I used to use, and yup, I'll second it's a good one.

Dale

T-Mo

I haven't messed with this in several days, but recently I been playing around with it again. There are several programs out there to make or create calendars, but I wanted something that could be universal to pc users. So, first I tried Word. It was okay, but I since then have found templates in Excel that seem to work better. I now have one sort of completed using this Excel template. And I think I can even use it on my Mac at home as I've opened up Excel files before using NeoOffice. I need to fine tune this, but I think it doesn't look too bad. Tomorrow maybe I'll take a screen shot of it to post here.

T-Mo

Here's a couple of screen shots of the Excel version. First the cover:

snap.jpg

Then January's:

snap2.jpg

What's good about the Excel is that each month is just another worksheet within the file. Pretty easy to navigate from month to month and to print. I have this set up for 11 x 17, but I'm sure you can get it onto a letter size.

nylyon

I love it!

CasualObserver

Treed... that looks nice.... are you taking picture donations? Granted I'm biased, :D but I'm partial to this shot of my 68 Commando 8 with plow and coulter...you may notice it's my avatar. If you'd like to use it, i have a higher res shot, I can email it to you.

smplowtractor.jpg

T-Mo

Treed... that looks nice.... are you taking picture donations? Granted I'm biased, :D but I'm partial to this shot of my 68 Commando 8 with plow and coulter...you may notice it's my avatar. If you'd like to use it, i have a higher res shot, I can email it to you.

Yeah, that be great. My email address is terryreed2@aol.com

kj4kicks

I'll shine up the herd, and put them in front of a nice background. I love the calendar idea! Nice job.

Curmudgeon

Cool idea. Showed the boss the calendar cover. Hey, she helped me get them lined up! Then I scanned down to January. She asked, "Who's that?"

Uhhh.. I've seen it, duh, but am ashamed to say I couldn't remember who it is. Her comment, why not post who the picture originated with. Maybe only with permission or something. You got mine, hell, if The Small Engine Warehouse can use my pictures, so can anyone else.

Dale, in Michigan

T-Mo

Cool idea. Showed the boss the calendar cover. Hey, she helped me get them lined up! Then I scanned down to January. She asked, "Who's that?"

Uhhh.. I've seen it, duh, but am ashamed to say I couldn't remember who it is. Her comment, why not post who the picture originated with. Maybe only with permission or something. You got mine, hell, if The Small Engine Warehouse can use my pictures, so can anyone else.

Dale, in Michigan

Actually, I was thinking that very same thing - not only with who owns it, but also what it is and the year and the location, i.e. 1963 753, Owner Ricky Ricardo, Lincoln, Nebraska. Or maybe a caption like 1979 C-141 plowing snow, Owner Fred Mertz, Indianapolis, Indiana.

BTW, that shot of January's is from MTF member named Juggler. If I use it I would like his permission, so it ain't etched in stone yet.

perry

let me know if i can contribute. is this going to be only restored tractors? mine are all in thier work clothes. maybe have 2 calenders. 1 for the restored and 1 for the ol'hard workers in thier glory. or just a mix. lookin good so far.

tractorsnow007.jpg

T-Mo

I would like to have a mix of restored tractors, as well as working ones during their daily chores. I also would like to cover different eras, i.e. the number series of the '60s, the letter series of the '70s and the look of the 300-400-500 series of the '80s and '90s. There probably won't be enough months for what I want to do, but I would like to cover as much of Wheel Horse lore as possible. And there's always 2009. :D

nylyon

To help out, I pinned a topic for everyone to submit your pictures for the calendar. Treed, you're doing a great job and I think all really appreciate the effort!

CasualObserver

There probably won't be enough months for what I want to do, but I would like to cover as much of Wheel Horse lore as possible. And there's always 2009.

Well, yeah, there's 2009... and WELL beyond... with 500 some models spread over 60 years... you can do whatever series you want in any certain year. There's the lonely abandonded tractor shots, there's working tractor shots, and restored tractor shots... the possibilities are ENDLESS!!! :D

Juggler

Actually, I was thinking that very same thing - not only with who owns it, but also what it is and the year and the location, i.e. 1963 753, Owner Ricky Ricardo, Lincoln, Nebraska. Or maybe a caption like 1979 C-141 plowing snow, Owner Fred Mertz, Indianapolis, Indiana.

BTW, that shot of January's is from MTF member named Juggler. If I use it I would like his permission, so it ain't etched in stone yet.

Well, like I wrote the other day at MTF, feel free to use my pic if you want to. Really am quite humbled that someone thought a pic of mine would be a worthy subject!

I just about fell outa my chair when I first saw your calender!

Thanks!

Jim

T-Mo

Jim,

Welcome to the Red Square. I hope to see more of your posts here. Again, welcome, and thanks for giving me the go ahead to use that fantastic shot for my little calendar project.

T-Mo

I've made a preliminary draft of the calendar, so it's getting close. The hardest part, actually, was deciding what pictures to use. I wanted a variety, i.e. I have decades covered from the '60s to the '90s and I have actions shots, posed shots, restored tractors and just plain workers. If I didn't use one of your pictures, if wasn't by choice as I thought there were all great shots. Karl may post more about it as he made a pdf file of what I had. It's almost done. :D

nylyon

You guys are really going to like what Terry has put together. He's done a fine job

kj4kicks

Can't wait to see it !!

Antici...................................pation !

Eldon.