Sign in to follow this  
boovuc

SnowBlower Mystery Part (Leftover)

boovuc

Hi Guys!

I am troubled, (ain't that the truth), about a part that has always made me wonder about on my snowblower. Actually I should say OFF my snowblower. It's a a flat red piece of metal 9.75" long, 1" wide and an eighth-inch thick. It has rounded ends and it has a single quarter inch hole at one end.

The PO I bought this blower from gave me all the parts to hook it up when I purchased it three years ago. I have used this blower three winters but this piece I described has never been included on the install. I have no idea what or where it goes. It's brand new so he obviously never used it either.

My blower is the big chute design. (Model 79360-4900900).

I have the book and the parts catalog/diagram. Damned if it isn't even shown on them. The paint on this piece matches the blower. It went with it but where?????

She blew the 6 inches we got overnight in Southern Clinton County, PA like a champ. I'm just curious what this is. B)

Thanks,

BooVuc

Rote, PA (Mill Hall)

Wfburton159

The chain guard for thr front of the thrower?

boovuc

Nope. It's not the chain guard. It's in place.

I have the manuals. Both the parts catalog for it and the users manual.

(I don't see it in the exploded views anywhere).

I'll try to take a picture of this piece if I can figure out how to imbed it in a post. Bad thing is..........I work as a computer guy and I've never attached a pic on here.

B)

Thanks,

BooVuc

Mill Hall, PA

MikesRJ

(I don't see it in the exploded views anywhere).

I'll try to take a picture of this piece if I can figure out how to imbed it in a post.

I didn't see it either, and the picture would be very helpful. You can email me the picture an I can post it for you if you'd like.

UPDATE: Picture added

MysteryWHPart.png

MikesRJ

After seeing the part, and looking through both the '94 owners manual and the '95 parts manual, I think it may be a part from something else he had on hand. I don't see anything mentioned like it, and cannot image what it would go to on a snow thrower, unless it is a hand tool of some sort for the thrower. Perhaps someone else has an idea. B)

Herbl

Were there drift bars on the side of the blower, I know that a lot of snowblowers that have added them on to the side of the blower housing..

Horse Rancher

I have seen this mounted between the front idler

pulley and the arm it mounts on I think they did

this as an easier way to get leverage to put the belt

on I have seen this three times before I don't know

if it is factory or someones custom design

boovuc

Thanks for your responses. I know it's never been used but it is the exact same paint as the wheelhorse blower and that blower has the original paint on it.

I don't think it's a pre-fab part.

Oh well! I'll keep a hold of it in case someone, somewhere can tell me what it was for. I know if I throw it out, I'll need it! (Like everything else I accumulate)!

Thanks,

Boovuc

Mill Hall, PA