Sign in to follow this  
exp2ex

bypass safety switches

exp2ex

c121 and i would like to bypass the safety switches to see if that is where my problem is.

Anyone have a quick solution ?

buckrancher

depends on if they are normaly open or normaly close type of switch

normaly open you can unplug

normaly closed you have to use a jumper wire

:thumbs:

Shuboxlover

I think you have it backwards buckrancher.

If it is a normally open switch...meaning the contacts are NOT touching in their "relaxed state"....when you activate the switch, it closes the contact, completing the circuit. So if it is a normally open switch, unplug the connector and use a jumper wire between the two terminals of the plug.

If it is a normally closed switch....meaning the contacts ARE touching each other unless the switch is activated, then it should be a simple matter of unplugging the switch, unless of course it's a more complicated circuit than that (that is, having three or more wires to the switch).

Which switch is it that you suspect to be the issue?

nylyon

Without bypassing you can test the switch, it may save some time and effort and keep your safety devices intact.

buckrancher

I think you have it backwards buckrancher.

If it is a normally open switch...meaning the contacts are NOT touching in their "relaxed state"....when you activate the switch, it closes the contact, completing the circuit. So if it is a normally open switch, unplug the connector and use a jumper wire between the two terminals of the plug.

If it is a normally closed switch....meaning the contacts ARE touching each other unless the switch is activated, then it should be a simple matter of unplugging the switch, unless of course it's a more complicated circuit than that (that is, having three or more wires to the switch).

Which switch is it that you suspect to be the issue?

your thinking of when you activate the switch. Not in a free state

Shuboxlover

exp2ex,

You want to simulate you pressing the clutch/brake pedal, making sure the pto lever is not engaged, or acting like you are sitting on the seat, correct?

If the switch is a normally open switch (meaning the contacts are not touching, like when it's just sitting there in your shed/garage wherever) unplugging the connector will not change the state of the circuit. only putting a jumper wire between the two pins of the plug that WAS plugged into the switch will change the state of the circuit.

the exact opposite for a normally closed switch.

Only in cases on active circuits...e.g. with the use of transistors, photo-diodes and others, when 5 or 12 volts are needed to run other components in that particular safety mechanism to activate circuitry to change the state of the output might this be an issue. But I don't think Whee Horse switches use active circuitry to control safety switches....do they :thumbs: especially on a C-121

rickv1957

When you find your problem,I would try to keep safety switches intact,Rick

buckrancher

exp2ex,

You want to simulate you pressing the clutch/brake pedal, making sure the pto lever is not engaged, or acting like you are sitting on the seat, correct?

If the switch is a normally open switch (meaning the contacts are not touching, like when it's just sitting there in your shed/garage wherever) unplugging the connector will not change the state of the circuit. only putting a jumper wire between the two pins of the plug that WAS plugged into the switch will change the state of the circuit.

the exact opposite for a normally closed switch.

Only in cases on active circuits...e.g. with the use of transistors, photo-diodes and others, when 5 or 12 volts are needed to run other components in that particular safety mechanism to activate circuitry to change the state of the output might this be an issue. But I don't think Whee Horse switches use active circuitry to control safety switches....do they :banghead: especially on a C-121

Yes we are both right if you have a normally open switch you have to try it first

unpluged without the jumper to be sure the contacts are not welded or stuck

together and the opposite for normally closed (to be sure the switch is not broke and the contacts stuck open) :thumbs: this is a easy way to check a switch if you don't have a multi-meter(one of the best investments you could buy)