~ETC~

b-111 wheel horse...whats it worth

~ETC~

ok i have a b-111 wheel horse with a 50 something inch plow balloon tires and chains

i was offered $300 for it....... is it worth it?

and what do they usually go for?

1213091448.jpg

1213091451a.jpg

1213091449.jpg

jpmcleod

I wouild gladly give you that for it if you were close by.

TT

If you can get $300 for that tractor, get ALL of the money first (CASH ONLY), help the person load it in their vehicle, and then do a huge dance when they're off your property! :thumbs:

wheel horse 1045

i agree , let it go fast

whfan74

Not that I don't love Wheel Horse's but if you can get that kind of money for that tractor I would deliver it!

Indy w h

WOW!!!! $300 for a b-111 Send this guy to my house!!!!

Indy :thumbs:

rickv1957

I agree,sell it!Rick

KB9LOR

It isn't gone yet???

CasualObserver

That looks like a huge exclamation point on the fact that location and local market set a price at any given time.

If you're happy with that price and your buyer is happy with that price, then that's all that should matter.

i was offered $300 for it.... what do they usually go for?

Less than that.

bitten

See if he wants another one or two...

sodbuster

I recieved one for boot in a trade a few months back.it had a frsh paint job,rebuilt deck,and newer engine. gladly didnt have anything in it! finally went to ebay.it brought $250.00 and it was in very nice condition! and was glad to get that!!

~ETC~

the guy who wants it gets them then holds onto them till he finds someone looking for one and sells them for way more than he pays for them.

he sold a 2000 yardman mtd p.o.s that was all cleaned up for $1000

he is also paying me $150 for a 4211 simplicity hydrostatic that was hit in the front by a plow truck so it needs a hood and grille

he is also buying a 2005 yardman mtd from me that i haven't even worked on yet that i paid $40 for and he offered $100

so i plan on selling him a few mowers. and he still wants more....

i told him i can definitely get more. i know a few older guys who have several acre fields full of riding mowers all the way back to the 60s which have set prices like $50 for non running mowers and $100 for runing

so it looks like ill be busy putting some miles on my truck running back and forth picking up mowers and dropping them off for a while

ill ask him if he wants any more wheel horses....he is always wanting bigger and stronger ones need not run :thumbs:

Kelly

Send him my way, tell him to bring a big trailer and cash!!!

sscotsman

Im brand-new to the hobby..

I have been involved about 24 hours..seriously! :banghead:

(well ok..3 or 4 days in reality)

So im curious, what is it about this particular tractor that makes it "worth less than $300"? the condition looks fairly good to me..

is it the year? very common model? less desirable model? (if so, why?)

"balloon tires"? (I assume those are not original tires? they dont look like it) so im curious what details people can pick up from the photos, that give it that price..

thanks,

Scot

:thumbs:

Kelly

It's a light duty lawn tractor, with a stamped sheet metal frame and a vertical shaft briggs, and a light duty rear end, most of the tractors that you see on this site are garden tractors, with horizontal shaft engines, and heavy cast iron rearends.

wahoowad

It's a light duty lawn tractor, with a stamped sheet metal frame and a vertical shaft briggs, and a light duty rear end, most of the tractors that you see on this site are garden tractors, with horizontal shaft engines, and heavy cast iron rearends.

Kelly,

What year did they start making the stamped steel models compared to the heavier duty lines you mention? What year is this tractor?

sscotsman

interesting..thanks Kelly!

I printed out the model list from mywheelhorse.com,

which says the B-111 was made in 1978 and 1979.

Its listed as a "B series Lawn Tractor"

Im planning to look for a 1958-1969 model..

I see a few are described as "Lawn Tractor" as well back then..

are those also the "lighter duty" machines?

If I want a more robust machine, should I only be looking at models called "Lawn & Garden Tractor"? "Garden Tractor" being the operative phrase?

thanks,

Scot

jpmcleod

I must admit I don't know the value of Wheel Horse tractors and I wondered about the molded rolled frame. I have never seen one. I know I would have reservations about buying it with a vertical shaft motor. I just figured any old Wheel Horse should be worth that amount if it is all there especially with the front blade. I am glad I read this site to learn before you leep. I paid $800.00 (don't laught) over 15 years ago for my C-120 and mowed 3 acres with it for over 10 years. I may have paid too much, (i didn't think so) but boy did it pay for itself. I finally replaced it with another rider and restored it. I was offered $700.00 for it and turned it down before I restored it. I really appreciate the information on this site. It sure helps.

jonepeer

I just acquired a B-111 not in running condition that I need to sell for part's mainly if anyone is interested 6 speed trans motor and rear end have issues 36" rear discharge deck appears good just have no way to check for sure

Tonyp

My first WH was an A-100, which for all practical purposes is the same machine, circa 1975.  Vertical shaft Briggs, 10HP.  

Yes, stamped frame, light duty LAWN mower/ lawn tractor, not in the same class as a frame built Garden tractor series with a Horizontal shaft motor.

I used mine for 10 years, no issues, cutting grass, carting wood and even plowing snow,  It didn't know it was a Lawn Tractor .

For the money  they were nice yard  machines, I have no complaints about the one I owned. It was very reliable.  I even used it to cut lawns around the town I lived in Ct for a year or so, it held up fine.

I would say $300 is probably a good deal ! 

Edited by Tonyp

jonepeer
On Sunday, September 11, 2016 at 6:26 AM, jonepeer said:

I just acquired a B-111 not in running condition that I need to sell for part's mainly if anyone is interested 6 speed trans motor and rear end have issues 36" rear discharge deck appears good just have no way to check for sure

Edited by jonepeer
I'll take 200.00 I'm in Jamesport Mo which is northern Mo ive no way to ship this or haul it

CasualObserver

If you would like to sell or part this tractor, please list it in the classifieds... not here.

post closed.

• Like 1