Sign in to follow this  
KB9LOR

Another Horse to the Herd!

KB9LOR

What do you get when you breed a Horse with a Cow.....

Hey bitten....hmmm my 1276? :thumbs:

KB9LOR

Brian, Nice find!! Was this the one in Markleville on craigslist ? If so i think you beat me to the punch. Next time your up this way stop by I,m just a few miles from there.

Yep sure was, Man when do the salt trucks come out up there! man the roads were rough!! Wish I would have known that PC, I would have stopped for at least a cup of coffee and some conversation! I get back up that way I will give you a shout on here before I go.

coolhandblack

Ill throw a couple pics of mine up here so you can have a look

000_1461.jpg

000_1462.jpg

000_1588.jpg

KB9LOR

coolhand, that is a nice one! but that seat would be a pain! lol was never much on those hardpan seats, even when I was a kid! So I will be going with a modern black one.....

coolhandblack

Well thanks, I have gotten the deck all cleaned a painted up along with the Hood, Still need to get off of my butt and order some decals for it. Then get the rest of it done. I been thinking about a new seat for awhile now cause this one is a pain in the rear...lol

KB9LOR

Yeah I would go with a more modern one, just so it is black, not yeller! :thumbs:

d180man

Hi nice find look ok to me :banghead: good luck on it ! :thumbs: :WRS:

KB9LOR

Thanks d180man, did find the tow valve, thanks to TT, and she moved after opening the valve up, I am not going to start on it until spring, well you know how that goes, I say I won't but you never know. :thumbs:

rickv1957

Brian,looks to be a pretty decent tractor!!,Rick

KB9LOR

It is complete, just needs some TLC, that one is going to be my actual "First" resto, I am in the hunt now for a local sandblaster, really that is the only thing I am going to have to "out source" :thumbs:

TT

I am in the hunt now for a local sandblaster

Don't forget to inquire at tomb/head/grave stone companies. Many of them use sandblasters for engraving.

Just remember - when things are dead, it's their busiest time. :banghead:

(sorry - couldn't pass up the opportunity :thumbs: )

wheel horse 1045

KB9lor here is my 1076 which is the same as your 1276 and if you need it i have the manuel 1076-1.jpg

KB9LOR

I am in the hunt now for a local sandblaster

Don't forget to inquire at tomb/head/grave stone companies. Many of them use sandblasters for engraving.

Just remember - when things are dead, it's their busiest time. :WRS:

(sorry - couldn't pass up the opportunity :thumbs: )

Now that was TOO FUNNY!! :banghead:

KB9LOR

wheel horse 1045, The only difference I see is the mower drive belt set-up, other than that it looks the same, don't know on the manual yet, but am looking for one for the 1276.

Iggy68

Hey Brian why outsource the blasting? If you have a compressor you can pick one up fairly reasonacle at Harbor Freight or Northern Tool between $60-$90. If you buy the extended warranty :thumbs: from HF you can return it for any reason within a year if you do not like it. Just a thought,

gottahavvitt

Hey Brian why outsource the blasting? If you have a compressor you can pick one up fairly reasonacle at Harbor Freight or Northern Tool between $60-$90. If you buy the extended warranty :thumbs: from HF you can return it for any reason within a year if you do not like it. Just a thought,

Yeah what he said

KB9LOR

Yeah what he said

Picked up the sandblaster a couple weeks ago, but trying to get the engine going before I dismantle, seems it will only fire when key is set back to the run position, and not firing when you put it in the start position, I think it is a switch, but am still working on the problem.

rickv1957

That would sound like switch to me also,Rick

Lawn Ranger kid

Nice find. With a bit of paint that will look nice.

Josh

KB9LOR

My thinking too Rick, supposed to warm up this week, going to hit the garage and get back at working on the problem, Josh, sure will look good once I get the engine up to snuff and get it tore down and re-painted.