Sign in to follow this  
bork

Best warmth for the buck

bork

I saw one of you state that you wear a large rain coat over your jacket etc...That sounds like a good idea. Especially when snow is still falling. Anyone else have any favorites or recomendations?

Sparky

How about a cab :thumbs::banghead: .

Mike.......

WH Raider 10

i wear a big ole military parka, made to withstand Russian winters and a knit hat.

:thumbs: Dan B.

gregg.d250

Carhartts- can't beat 'em

:thumbs:

876wheelhorse

how about shorts and a tank top ??????

Kelly

Carhartts- can't beat 'em

:thumbs:

yup they are the best, well worth the money

Kelly

And my cab, for blowing snow.

HorseFixer

Okay You Asked..... Pajamas, House Slippers, House Coat Optional. Then Wrap This Around Ya And Yer Good To Go! Oh see that knob Next to the Grey Control box inside the Cab? Make sure thats pulled out like it's shown for full heat! :thumbs:

x119.jpg

stevasaurus

I like a Vodka Martini (shaken - not stirred) while warming up the horse :banghead:

Gym shoes and no socks while plowing. :thumbs:

And a large glass of Rock & Rye when done and brushing down the horse. :WRS:

true

chris11

Duke the only things missing is a cup holder for your coffie,and a back up camera

rmaynard

Duke the only things missing is a cup holder for your coffie,and a back up camera

What? No DVD player?

bitten

I use the insulation carhartt's , keep my feet dry, good gloves and thin layers. Adjust to suit the temp and condition. Initial cost of the carhartts is high but should last the average joe a life time. The black insulation is the warmest then the red and there is the non insulated line.

I use to make snow for a ski resort. We would have to go stand under the snow after it would come out of the guns to check the quality of the snow. Even with real good quality snow ( bounces when landing on clothing ) you would get it on you, we would use water replant and that would help a lot. The hoods that you can get for the coats help with the wind. Bibs and coats are more comfortable and convenient for me compared to the coveralls. I sound like a salesman but for a man thats outside a lot Im just speaking on experience.

rocking 416

I wear old fashioned long johns yes the type with the back door then carharts i stay warm and dry dosent hurt to do a few shots of jack daniels to warm ya up ither

perry

my carhartts have been serving me very well. i am now spoiled and have 3 cabs. but thier is nuthin like being out in a blizzard plowing snow for hours in carharts and a ski mask :thumbs: .

bork

OK, been shopping for Carhartts. TSC has them 30% off now. But which models are best? I see 3 different types of linings in jackets. & the bibbs I see three styles. 1 Non-insulated & 2 insulated. One of the 2 is heavier/larger zippers, & lining higher in bibb. In the jackets, it would seem the silky pillowed lining would last longer than the pillowed lining that was made of some material, like perforated polypropylene? And are they really washable in washing machine? Anyone done this? Does the outside have to be rewaterproofed with something?

Operator

Carharts :thumbs::banghead:

The black ones are suppose to be the warmest ones, My black bibs I use at work and home. The wife washes them all and I don't rewater proof them they last as long as you keep the torch away from your leg, I didn't and now one leg zipper is melted shut. Washing keeps them fluffed, and warmer.

Randy