Sign in to follow this  
KB9LOR

GT-1642 Tranny Replacement

KB9LOR

Okay everyone, started on the tranny replacement on the GT-1642 Workhorse, here are some pics:

Seat Pan off, Notice the broken frame end where fuel tank mounts, ouch!

100_0558.jpg

Right Side view

100_0559.jpg

Left Side view

100_0560.jpg

Top View fuel tank removed

100_0564.jpg

Clutch Arm broke, all I did is pull on the cotter pin, anyone have one? and how in the heck do you get it off?

100_0565.jpg

TT

That's not unusual to see the back corners of the hoodstand broke off and it's nothing a little welding won't fix.

The clutch rod arm is held to the shaft with a roll pin. Once the roll pin is out, move everything away from the tensioner arm on the opposite side and tap the shaft through the arm with a pin punch.

The arm is still available new for under $20 (P/N 105896-03) if you can't find one from someone here.

KB9LOR

That's not unusual to see the back corners of the hoodstand broke off and it's nothing a little welding won't fix.

The clutch rod arm is held to the shaft with a roll pin. Once the roll pin is out, move everything away from the tensioner arm on the opposite side and tap the shaft through the arm with a pin punch.

The arm is still available new for under $20 (P/N 105896-03) if you can't find one from someone here.

Thanks! going to get it welded, have the steel ready to go, just got cold out there and said enough for now, and thanks for the info on that clutch arm, needed that bad, going to head over and check that part out, thanks again!

Don1977

While your at the welders have the clutch arm welded too. That looks to be cast iron,

it can be welded with a nickel rod or brazed with brass.

KB9LOR

While your at the welders have the clutch arm welded too. That looks to be cast iron,

it can be welded with a nickel rod or brazed with brass.

It is cast, but it may cost more to have it welded than to buy a new one, I will check out having it welded anyways, just to see how much. I will be doing the repairs on the hoodstand, I have a small wire feed welder to take care of that.

jtmoyer

i think i have on out back in the shed :notworthy:

KB9LOR

i think i have on out back in the shed :thumbs:

:notworthy: I forgot you had that parts tractor! You willing to part with that clutch arm? I can drop those rims and tires off also, I don't get off work until 4:00. Thanks!

Shuboxlover

if jtmoyer doesn't have one, let me know, I have one or two out back also.....would not want much at all for one.

dowding529@windstream.net

jtmoyer

got the dash tower and clutch arm sitting in front of the house. you can stop by any time and pick it up. all i need back from it or from the 1648 are the lift parts in case i take the electric lift off the 417.

jason

KB9LOR

Thanks Jason, I owe you, anytime you need any of my xtra parts, your welcome to them. BTW- check out this weld job, I guess after rolling the tractor 3 times you have these type of repairs! lol

It is UGLY!

100_0566.jpg