can whlvr

homemade concrete wheel weights

bork

I got a set from a tractor that had 12 inch rears & they are a tad too large to go into WH rims. The ol tractor it came off of, was a Lowes brand or Craftsman. Anyhow, I cant believe they are too large in diameter, to fit the WH!

Dw Andy

I got a set from a tractor that had 12 inch rears & they are a tad too large to go into WH rims. The ol tractor it came off of, was a Lowes brand or Craftsman. Anyhow, I cant believe they are too large in diameter, to fit the WH!

Huh, just when I figgered the wheels were the same size.... Must be the metric conversion . And when our old tractors were built there wern't many parts being imported from China!

can whlvr

i would run ANY weights i could find,i have never seen any or i would buy them,up here a tractor is useless without weights so no one gets rid of them,and we also have one tenth of the population as USA,SO LESS to pick from,i like the wheel weight form chuck,i will try this later this year,too much on my plate right now,im trying to get time on my homemade cab,i will post pics of that later,

Sparky

What do you need weights for Don?? Was'nt it you just complaining that you aint got any snow to clear :banghead::thumbs: ?

Cool weights. I suppose you gotta be carefull to not whack anything as they stick out quite a bit.

Mike.......

bork

How much did the OEM steel weights weigh? Will the hub caps still fit with the OEM's on?

Save Old Iron

i like the wheel weight form chuck,i will try this later this year,too much on my plate right now,im trying to get time on my homemade cab,i will post pics of that later,

Just remember to give me credit for the "SOI Run Flat Option" built into the design. I guess you could have your tires go flat and still run on the concrete "rims" - that patent is going to cost you !!

can whlvr

yea mike,that was me whining no snow,we still havnt had any but the one and only snowfall i got stuck more times than i could count,so i thought i will try weights,the factory weights are 50 a peice and my hub caps wont go on with the weights,i will hand over royalties chuck when i make up a form,these will have to do for now,i dont have any money in these and i got paid to pour them as i was working when i made them,just borrowed a little crete,from the bathroom floor :thumbs:

dadstractor1

my friend puts windshield washer fluid in his tires will not freeze :thumbs: dadstractor

Save Old Iron

Don, no royalty fees if your embed this logo in the concrete

SOIlogo-1.jpg

rmaynard

I haven't seen it mentioned, and maybe I just missed it, but how far do they stick out beyond the outside of the tire? Looks like a good 10 inches or so.

When I plow snow, I sometimes get very close to cars, and buildings, (sometimes a little too close) :thumbs: , and it looks like these may keep me from getting close enough.

Otherwise, great idea for cheap weights.

Bob