Sign in to follow this  
Dale

hydro question

Dale

i have a charger 12 when it's cold 30f when i push the handle foward it takes a sec to move foward and rev doesn't do it when it gets warm is this normal

Jim_M

Yup, completely normal. You should always let a hydro warm up for a minute or two before you use it.

Kelly

this is my first year using a hydro. in the winter, my 520 yesterday took about 5 min. before it would even think of moving, just the nature of the beast.

rickv1957

That would be correct,always let your hydro warm a bit as they are fluid drive and takes a bit for oil to warm a little,Rick

Rideawaysenior

The deal with the hydros in the winter is, you need to let the oil warm up. Most manuals advise 10 minutes or so. The big reason is, your seals are made of rubber and will expand and contract in the cold as will the metal. Allowing the oil to reach normal operating temp will ensure that your seals are properly set and pliable enough to handle the cold weather use. Typical hydraulic failure in the winter is from inappropriate warming time. This can cause pressure on seals and O rings that are not as pliable as they would be under normal conditions. A blown or improperly seated O ring will cause your tranny to leak and if run dry can cause internal damage.

d200

I have a problem with my charger 12 as well. It has trouble going into reverse after it runs for about 10-20 minutes do anybody else have a similar problem? The fluid is full and looks good. It does have an aftermarket filter. I just got this horse last summer. Any input would be greatly appreciated. thanks