Sign in to follow this  
perry

freecycle...everything is free

perry

any of you guys belong to your local freecycle site. i have picked up a set of wheel weights & chains, decent craftsman tractor, and 6 nice 4 bulb floresent shop lights w/bulbs all free and in working condition. gotta deal with alot of women stuff, but sometimes some good items pop up. i have missed out on a few old tractors.

find your local freecycle here

69DEZ

Nice score Perry............ :thumbs::thumbs: TRACTOR.... :D:P Thanks for the link!!! :D

nylyon

Freecycle is how I got my Toro 8-32 RER. They often have a lot of good items. Just last week someone gave away a 4GB iPod working! In addition to the RER I got a 5000W Onan Generator, working IBM computer pentium 4, and a couple of other goodies. It has also been very helpful for getting rid of some of the things which we no longer used. I encourage everyone to join their local freecycle!

Nick

Never had heard of this one. Is it always a yahoo group based system? I see we even have one listed for a local town, guess it cant hurt to try it out. Thanks for the link Perry. I always say cheap is good and free is better. :thumbs:

Nick in Ohio

CasualObserver

Freecycle's great if the guys running your local clubs aren't wannabe gestapo. I tried to get into the Rochester one here... Rochester is 15 miles from me... and they wouldn't let me join because I didn't live "IN" the city limits. When I asked why... The guy responded about the city limits and suggested I start up my own freecycle in my own town because their freecycle program was for their town. Stupid *&^%$#%^& :thumbs:

nylyon

I belong to 3 of them my local county's, Westchester NY's and Danbury CT's. As an example, someone just gave away a working TiVO series II DVR in Danbury. Got to love Freecycle. Oh yeah, all of ours are yahoo groups based.

69DEZ

:thumbs: :thumbs::D:P I can't wait until they validate me!..... Yea it doesn't take much to excite me. :D

69DEZ

Jason if they validate me I'll share....... :thumbs:

CasualObserver

Thanks Dez :thumbs:

Stigian

Ive been watching my local freecycle, no WH's though.

I might have to place a "wanted" ad and see if anything turns up. :thumbs:

Rod(NASNUT)

:thumbs: Thanks for the tip perry I found 2 in my town. :D :thumbs:

WheelHorse_of_course

:thumbs: Thanks :thumbs: Great thing to know about!

combatmp29r

Thanks Perry i had never heard of it before. Waiting to be validated now. Don't worry Guys I'll see what I can do about horses. Oh and yes the horizontals will be available free to the rest of the group LOL. Can't have the verts beat up on them for being odd looking :thumbs: :thumbs:

Nick

Perry, Thanks again for the link. I got the ok and have looked over our local group. Dont see any tractors but did miss some kind of home built trailer. Cant hurt to keep an eye on it or maybe even post a wanted ad. :thumbs: