Sign in to follow this  
diroy21

wheel horse

diroy21

Has anyone replaced a drive belt on a 265H wheel horse toro? Any tips on doing this? I'm a new member. Help!!!! :notworthy:

Sparky

Welcome to Redsquare ! I dont have a tractor like yours but a few guys here do so hopefully one of them will chime in with a pointer or two for ya.

:notworthy:

Mike........

Bow_Extreme

I've never changed one on a 265H before but have changed plenty of them on 520H's. It's pretty straight forward. Remove the floorboard on the right side, remove the side panel (belt cover) on the right side above the floor board. Remove the idler pulley. It's a smaller pulley mounted to a spring retained bracket. This will allow you the added wiggle room to get the belt off. It should take you about 15-20 minutes to change if all goes well.

TT

A 265-H is a vertical shaft (lawn) tractor and is nothing like a 520H.

@diroy21: :notworthy:

Do you have the model number / serial number from your machine?

Sparky

I've never changed one on a 265H before but have changed plenty of them on 520H's. It's pretty straight forward. Remove the floorboard on the right side, remove the side panel (belt cover) on the right side above the floor board. Remove the idler pulley. It's a smaller pulley mounted to a spring retained bracket. This will allow you the added wiggle room to get the belt off. It should take you about 15-20 minutes to change if all goes well.

I doubt its the same as your 520 as the 265 is a verticle engined tractor. Floorboard removal is probably not required :notworthy: .

Mike.........

diroy21

model #72050

serial # 200000454

this is for the 265 H wheel horse toro. Thanks :notworthy:

TT

Drive belt replacement on these models is a bit "involved" and you'll definitely need a service manual.

Send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll send you the .pdf file version of the service manual. :notworthy:

rickv1957

hello, :notworthy: Rick