Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Front slip scoop videos

Nick

Looking around for Johhny bucket videos I found a few other new and old videos I hadnt seen for a while. Thought they might give someone else an idea. :thumbs:

Johhny Buckets video

Sears front scoop. Hadnt noticed they use two levers so it has power manual dump also.

Sears video

Saw this one at the Ohio power show. Knew they made them but not that they fit both front and rear of the tractor. Also the back of the bucket flips over so it can be used in either direction.

Ventrac excavator bucket

The steiner video doesnt show the scoop much and it is VERY long but if you have never seen a steiner it might be interesting. They were built here in Ohio till a couple years ago then sold out a few times. Ventrac is the same family and attachments for the most part interchange.

Steiner Movie

Rollerman

Cool vids Nick, thanks for the links.

Seeing the johhny bucket on the front makes me want mine on the "right" end of the tractor even more!

Wonder how tricky it be to put a power dump feature into it?

The Ventrac looked by far the slickest being able to use as a bucket then flip & have a slip scoop.

Pretty nifty! :thumbs:

Curious about the Steiners...are all the power driven implements designed to go on the front?

It's a nice tractor...but tilling backwards seems awkward to me?

Jim_M

Stephen,

My Johnny Bucket came with power dump. It's an electric actuator on the left side of the bucket. It's a little slower than hydraulics, but it lets you use the bucket in any position.

Jim

Rollerman

Seems like it be a nice setup for gradeing...allowing you do dump & hold at an angle?

I don't know if you had a good look at mine...but it's a very good copy.

Looks like another good reason to come down Jim...take a look at your Johhny Dump!

Would like to see how the front mount is setup any how

T-Mo

Nick,

Those are nice videos. Even though I would like to have a Steiner or a Ventrac, I probably would see a Johnny Bucket in my future before one of those. They are nice though.

Jim_M

Stephen,

The front mount looks just like a heavy duty snow blower mount, they even use a lift rod like a snow blower.

The power dump feature is pretty handy. I probably wouldn't use the bucket much if it didn't have it. I used it a lot this winter for scraping ice and packed snow off of the concrete. You can set the bucket to any position and it stays locked in that position until you hit the switch again.

Jim

combatmp29r

Thansk for the links Nick. Those are some nice vids. I was thinking about a Johnny bucket, but with about 30% of the hydraulics here now, I see a FEL project instead now :thumbs:

perry

couple of years ago i sold my stiener 420 4x4 kabuta 3cyl.

pretty sweet and powerfull. i did'nt have no attachments thou :thumbs: . i kinda miss it for pulling around cars, wood and junk.

Nick

Stephen,

Yep your right tilling is done while driving backwards on the steiner. I always thought the same thing about it looking awkward. Steiner and Ventrac share the front hitch design both have all front power equipment and you often see attachments from one company on the others machine. The Ventrac excavator scoop design looks kind of cool. Ventrac also has videos for most of there attachments, their v-plow video pushed me in the direction to build one.

Terry,

You would like a steiner or ventrac. Hard to find at a low price when new cost is up over $10K but they do come up just have a lot of hours. Helps when the local dealer is a Wheel Horse and Steiner dealer. Doesnt hurt if your brother works there to. :thumbs:

Perry,

My brother and I have had a few Steiners over the last 10 or 12 years but all with Onan 20hp engines. Sure miss them now. When it snows they are great for plowing the deep stuff. Nothing like 10mph for ramming speed. :thumbs:

steinerball2.jpg

CasualObserver

I see Steiners and Ventracs around here every day... the parking garages use them with Sweeptster brooms, and so does the Mayo Clinic. Mayo mows with theirs too.

Rollerman

Nick other than the back wards tilling they look like quite the machine.

The video sure makes switching the attachments like it's an easy process.

The engine options are new to me to...well mostly the 33HP Generac...have not heard of that one before?

Nick

Stephen, Yep changing attachments cant get much easier. I had thought Generac engines were just Briggs but looking for a link I found this. If you watch OCC they used a Generac on the Dixie Chopper bike, had a nice sound with straight pipes. Generac engine story

Rollerman

I had no idea Generac went back that far.

I do recognize the name from generatos & power washers.

I also recall the OCC Dixie Chopper bike...sad thing is I thought it was an Onan. :thumbs:

I don't really remember the sound as much how they said it was a very smooth running engine.