Sign in to follow this  
Rollerman

Memorabilia Comments & Questions 2

Rollerman

The Mack truck is cool...still have yet to win one of them on ebay :D

Doing an edit here...Terry are those functional lights on your Mack?

I was thinking that was one of the "Winross" trucks?

I have the larger "Nylint" truck & scome of the "Jones" Wheel Horse rigs I've bought of Brrly.

No key chains yet.

Rollerman

The plain Jane version is cool to....but I like your additional details Terry :D

Ever seen the Tamiya Remote Control Semi's?

If a guy was an artist & could paint...that make a good paint job :P

TT

I've seen the boxes in the local hobby shop. A lot of that stuff can be customized beyond reality.

I couldn't resist the Mack though.... I spent enough time in them to remember the details. Here's a picture of the last one I drove:

1989 Mack MH with an E-9 450 V8 & a T-2090 9 speed.

5d888836.jpg

This belonged to my best friend John and was originally a Mack show truck / calendar truck back when it was new. He sold it when the last head bolt broke, but regrets it on a daily basis! :D

Rollerman

Thats a nice old truck! :D never driven a cab over semi.

Don't seem to popular with my company?

I did use to run an old IH cab over tack wagon...that thing was a peice.

If you got on the brakes hard enough the cab would come up :P

combatmp29r

Hmmm me thinks that not right :D

We had a cab over freightliner on the farm for a few years. It was great to get the coal bucket we used to haul grain around in the barn yard. Needless to say that would be why I crinkled the front right fender on the Pete 379 after we got it. I only scratched the silo though :P

T-Mo

Terry,

All nice stuff. I like that truck (thanks for the link, btw).

I have been trying to obtain from brochures via ebay, but only picked up one so far. Hopefully I can be the "winning bidder" on more.

I also would like a key chain, maybe a hat or two, and anything else that catches my eye.

nylyon

Got a belt buckle, no pictures I'll try to take one today. The dealer threw in the buckle for free (after spending $5,100 on a new 416).

combatmp29r

Sound like a good deal Karl :D

The JD dealer gave us 2 shirts and a hat after we sunk $50,000 in a new/used combine.

Curmudgeon

Dang, I'd like one of those Macks, to go with the 4 Gimmy's I already have. I have a plethora of small stuff. Patches, magnets, key chains, banners, signs, credit card, hats, don't know what all, I'd have to dig it out! LOL

Dale

nylyon

Well, I don't have to post a pic of mine, cause ^^^^^ that's it (or just like it)

Rollerman

Neat collection Terry. :D

Maybe I'll take a few pics of the stuff I have here...but then it looks like all but the "Jones" dealer truck is covered.

Joel those T shirts & hat sounded like a real bargain :P

Curmudgeon

Auburn Rubber toys? Do you mean the magnets?

Man, you guys are going to make me dig this stuff aren't you!!!!!!

Dale

TT

I think he means the little red toy tractors with yellow tires (or yellow with red tires too, I believe). They look like RJ's and had different attachments with them. :D

nylyon

Nice :D

Rollerman

I think my favorite is the Diamond/Reo so far...LOL

Well it's not memorabilia...but it's cool.

combatmp29r

It sure is. that would definately be a cool way to haul the herd to Ardentsville :D

nylyon

Man, them Diamond Reo's were ugly.... Then again I'm partial to the International Transtar 4070-B models.

TT

I'm sorta partial to the old Bulldogs...

a05092f6.jpg

I actually have a group at Yahoo for them, if anyone is interested.

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/MACK_Cabover_Trucks/

(you'll probably never guess what tattoo is on my other arm :D )

CasualObserver

I found that old D/R pic on the vast wide world web a few years ago. I found the photographer, who gave me permission to keep it posted on my web page. He was going to look for the original for me to make a frame-able copy, but I haven't heard from him in a while. Said that he couldn't find the album it was in. He also said he had another Wheel Horse truck photo, but couldn't find it either. If I ever get it, I'll post it for you guys. The D/R was photographed just outside Springfield, Mass at some manufacturing plant in 1974.

TT

I've seen that photo at Hanks Truck Pictures site, I believe. :D

T-Mo

Keep em coming guys. I'm really enjoy looking at all the Wheel Horse stuff you guys got and what may still be out there. :D

combatmp29r

Does anybody have one of the model kits with the wheel horse tractor and the indy car? I've always thought those were very cool.

So Terry JD type how many green pieces of memorabilia ya got?

Just curiouse I think I have about every 4020 toy ever made. All in totes at Dads, but when I get a bigger yard and a real shop they will all come back out.

Curmudgeon

Nope, don't have a set of toys like that, wish I did!!!!

Well, I'm more of a form follows function guy, so I think I'll stick with the conventional truck instead of the cab over. On rough roads, those cab overs would throw you up when the front axle hit a bump, then smack you in the back when the rears did.

I'll take the smoother ride of the conventional any day. Especially with those smooth, chatter bump roads we have in Michigan!!!!!!

I'll try to get some pictures of my small stuff this weekend.

Dale

CasualObserver

I've got a link somewhere to a website that has those plastic scale model tractors you ask about still for sale, and even attachments for it. I can't find it right now... but I'll keep looking. Was on another computer that blew up on me. ARGGHHH!

TT

Does anybody have one of the model kits with the wheel horse tractor and the indy car? I've always thought those were very cool.

I almost bought one of those kits at the hobby shop last year. (+/- $15.00)

I noticed the plastic was off of one of the boxes so I opened it (with the clerks permission, of course) so I could see the tractor. They're so friggin' small that I almost couldn't find it. I have bought real tractors for that price, so I passed on it. :P

Too bad ERTL never made a 1/16 scale model of an RJ, an 854 or a C-160! (or any other WH, for that matter) :D