Sign in to follow this  
perry

my simplicity - allis chalmers tractors

perry

just some pics of all my simplicity allis chalmers tractors and attachments. i have 3 more tractors , few more plows, and a stack of mower decks not pictured stored in my father-inlaws barn . due to mice promblem some are missing their seats. i removed any good original seats and store them in the garage attic.

strawberryfestival09072.jpg

00000111.jpg

01sims002.jpg

01sims003.jpg

01sims005.jpg

01sims010.jpg

01sims011.jpg

01sims013.jpg

01sims014.jpg

01sims015.jpg

01sims016.jpg

725sim004.jpg

01sims001.jpg

01sims006.jpg

01sims007.jpg

01sims008.jpg

01sims009.jpg

bitten

Nice looking collection. I dont know anything about the simplicity line but they do look like a well built tractor. And they have some nice lines.

KB9LOR

That is a nice collection! do they all run? and what years are they? just curious, I like those old simplicity tractors.

perry

That is a nice collection! do they all run? and what years are they? just curious, I like those old simplicity tractors.

i use a few of them weekly. but they all will run with some minor maintenace. well, besides the one with no motor. but i have a shelf full of good running 9hp thru 16hp engines. they range years from 1959 to 1972. the ones with the square rear fenders are 1968-71.

bell

Nice collection Perry! :scratchead:

Rollerman

Thats quite a collection Perry.

My wifes uncle called me the other day & told me about an older Simplicity for sale....have to go check it out.

whfan74

Great collection Perry! :scratchead:

I really like those old Simplicity's.........they definitely have character!

Thanks for sharing!

case442

Hey Perry,

I have a 1959 700 that I got when we bot our house, (in the family since buitl 1902) My wifes uncle used it. It has the snow blade, wheel weihts, chains, dumping yard cart , and a sickle mower. I hope to restore it some day. I may contact you for some parts if thats OK.

Thanks, Mike

rickv1957

Nice tractors,I always did like them older ACs,Rick

sodbuster

good looking collection Perry.post some finished pics when your done :notworthy:

perry

Hey Perry,

I have a 1959 700 that I got when we bot our house, (in the family since buitl 1902) My wifes uncle used it. It has the snow blade, wheel weihts, chains, dumping yard cart , and a sickle mower. I hope to restore it some day. I may contact you for some parts if thats OK.

Thanks, Mike

you say you want to trade me the sickle bar for some parts ? just kiddin ....:notworthy: .

ya contact me anytime. what state are you in ?.

case442

Hey Perry,

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, I had a bout with the Flu. I'm in Pa, near pittsburgh. I had another man ask about the sickle mower also. I like the older machines, I have a 1969 case 442 that i'm starting to re-do now, a 1975 wheel horse D, with a 48" mower, 42" snow plow, a 48" rototiller, and a single bottom plow. Also a second parts tractor. and the 1959 700. We also have a 410 model Allis chambers at our camp with a 48" deck and a rototiller as well.

Thanks, Mike

rustbucket

Well perry now i know someone here to see if i have any question on them good old allis chalmers. just swaped and got me a solid B-110.

d180man

Hi very nice tractor love the old ac and the duals!! :notworthy: :thumbs:

rickv1957

Like to have an allis myself,they are neat tractors,Rick

perry

just swaped and got me a solid B-110.

:notworthy:

ThePartsGuy

i have some original banana cream B-1's (showroom models back in the day) if your interested. all complete no missing parts plus they run.

got a couple landlords as well if your interested in a couple more.

IthacaJeff

My first tractor was a '69 Simplicity Yeoman that I got from a co-worker for free;

it had been in her barn when she bought her house. Pretty rough, but I got

it running for a bit and mowed with it. It took me a while to get used to the

pivot action the tractor had -- the rear end pivoted along the long axis of

the tractor from the rest of the tractor. That tractor hugged the ground like

a snake, and mowed like nothing else.

Eventually the little 8 hp Briggs crapped out (it was replaced long before I

got it). I wanted to restore it, but in the meantime got my first WH that did not

mow as well, but plowed. When we moved last year to our new house I knew

we had no room for "projects," so I gave the Simplicity to a neighbor down the

street.

Simplicities seem a bit better set up to run attachments than WH's, but the

larger shaft drive one's also seem a bit more finicky and prone to breaking

down, especially the bevel gear box.

Jeff in Enfield NY

st_croix_tractors

Nice collection perry! :thumbs:

you seem to be the simplicity man around here..so i got a couple question for you.

First off Id like to know exactly what i have here. I picked this landlord up along with some extra parts. I dont think the steering post is correct. It looks cut. Nor do i have a hood for this tractor. This landlord is very similar to my B-1 but its not a b-1. Any ideas what i have here? It has a 377cc 9hp cast iron briggs. No serial# plate on the motor either. Not 100% sure if its even the factory motor. Looks newer than the tractor, the on and off switch on top of the recoil shield looks newer??

By looking at your pics..mine looks just like the 2 in the 10th pic down. I have that same 2 piece grill but hood is diff.

2nd I started to tear it down and restore it but seem to be running short on parts. Would you happen to have a sprung or rust free hood and stearing or dash parts for this tractor? Im pretty sure the hood thats on it is not correct either. Its cut out for the air filter and looks custom to fit the tractor. Ugly if you ask me :thumbs:

Sorry the pics are not he best. thanks perry

th_ll1.jpg

th_ll2.jpg

th_ll3.jpg

th_ll4.jpg

th_ll5.jpg

perry

the dash tower on yours looks cut up / homemade. and missing parts. or you may have a simplicity 725 and landlord mix. kinda hard to see the small pics.

check this link

access.jpg

landlord_intro.jpg

6wheeler

For some reason, those allis chalmers tractors have been catching my eye lately. I have been looking at the Deutz Allis tractors specifically. I like the 920 Diesel. I wonder if they came with a three point and such. My research sure turned up alot of info on how simplicity, allis chalmers and deutz all got involved. I didn't know Deutz was a Japenese company either.

st_croix_tractors

Thanks perry :thumbs: I think you got it spot on. Today i was able to pick up a dash tower. Im pretty sure its the correct piece. Now i just need a hood. If you have one for sale Id probably consider buying it.

Also if you look at the pic. The part colored in blue i seem to be missing also. From the pic it sure looks like its all 1 piece. I have the shifter plate but its not 1 piece like the pic above. My plate is much smaller. If you have that piece id also buy it.

Thanks perry

th_Image1.jpg

perry

ill have to check and see if i have a shift cover. the one in the pics look like one piece but they are a seperate small plate. i see about a hood.

here are what the side covers look like. http://cgi.ebay.com/Simplicity-2010-Tracto...=item2eb336512f

and dash tower looks like this. but this is picyured upside down - http://cgi.ebay.com/12HP-SIMPLICITY-ALLIS-...=item4aa6383aac

st_croix_tractors

Thanks for your help perry. If you happen to find a hood and wanna sell it, let me know. Id be more than happy to take it off your hands.

grnlark

I have a soft spot for Simplicity's too. :thumbs:

My first collector tractor was a Simplicity. These are my two Landlords. One is a "mower" and one is a "show-er" (which is currently in a pile) :thumbs:

Attached Image

post-11-1298642837.jpg