HorseFixer

Dukes Snow Blower Automation

Curmudgeon

Now I have some lead, but not enough.

But I DO have plenty of Captain Morgan!!!!! And Jack Daniels as well as other bourbons, some Scotches.....

Seriously, no wait, I was serious! While there are inherent dangers in working with lead, with sufficient precautions, working with lead won't take as many years off my life as working in that plastics factory did, I do see one huge benefit. Didn't come out well? See a place for improvement? Melt it down and do it again! Don't have that option in very many places.

Gotta find me some more free lead....

pbradley68

So what's next Dr. pbradley68, you gonna tell Duke not to sit to close to the TV cause it will ruin his eyesight ??

My girlfriend is the stroke Doctor; not I :banghead: I was merely going to suggest he upgrade to Capt. Morgan Private Stock. It seems hardly worthwhile to risk a stroke on a lesser brand. :thumbs:http://www.thefiftybest.com/spirits/best_rum/

I have nothing against drinking. Even though I don't partake myself I think everyone should drink and smoke if they choose. I have both Alcohol and Cigarette manufacturers stock so I like anyone who drinks and smokes.

C-160 Tractor

hi Duke question about your Chute motor.

Do you have anything setup so it stops when it gets all the way around?

If you hold the button down when it gets to the end does it cause problems?

Or do you just stop pressing it when it is almost at the end?

thanks

HorseFixer

hi Duke question about your Chute motor.

Do you have anything setup so it stops when it gets all the way around?

If you hold the button down when it gets to the end does it cause problems?

Or do you just stop pressing it when it is almost at the end?

thanks

:D Brian, Nope, I never had a problem with that, it has never gotten stuck because I put a couple extra notches in the ring for the worm drive where it turns. I usually dont need to run it near that far in either direction because It allready goes past 90deg in both directions. I suppose you could notch it a full 360 deg and blow snow at yerself! :hide: But why bwould you want to do that? :ychain: The fun is Throwin the snow into the next ZipCode not yer own! :D The up and down actuator however has built in limits and I have it full stroke both directions.

Operator

Duke as long as this thread is up I just had to look at pictures again, it was great!

Question on those rubber floor mats you made, where did you get them? Were they self stick? I need new ones on one of the 520's .

Randy

Thanks C-160 for bringing this up!

HorseFixer

Duke as long as this thread is up I just had to look at pictures again, it was great!

Question on those rubber floor mats you made, where did you get them? Were they self stick? I need new ones on one of the 520's .

Randy

Thanks C-160 for bringing this up!

Thanks Rand, Go To Lowes They Have The Stuff Back In There Carpet Section, Now How To Punch Those Large Holes on carriage looking bolts? Use Pipe Nipples And Taper & Sharpen Them! Lay Yer Matts Down And Hit With Hammer On Soft Pine Board "PRESTO" leaves a nice round hole! :ychain:

Now to glue them down, Use contact cement. :D

Operator

No Duke, Thank you! I'll check Home Depot and Menards Lowes are few and far between around here.

I've got belt [conveyors] punches and if not big enough I've used your idea with elec. conduit. Works good!

Thanks again.

Randy

C-160 Tractor

Hi Duke,

I picked up some of the floor mat like you have at a local store who sold it by the foot. It was a little cheaper than buying a whole roll at Lowes.

I also got some nice contact cement.

Can't wait to get that all on someday.

but i wanted to ask you where you got your actuator and weather kit for it?

also what kind of window motor is that?

thanks for the help.

:ychain:

Operator

And remember Brian :ychain: I made it to Home Depot thrusday and got some, not quite the same as my Horses though. I'm going to wait putting it on maybe I'll check Nards and see their style.

Randy