Sign in to follow this  
Buzz

Invited another one from the UK

Buzz

Over in the main Yahoo group there is a member from the UK who was looking for parts. He makes several trips each year to the US and was looking for parts to pick up on his next visit. I sent him a personal email inviting him to Red Square explaining that we had several members here from the UK. He replied that he would so if he's out there lurking, I hope he joins. His name is Steve W.

Hey Steve :thumbs:

TT

Oops -- that's the fellow I forgot to invite the day I was "chatting" with him. :thumbs:

Good thinking, Buzz! :thumbs:

T-Mo

Buzz,

Nice recruiting job. You get this weeks "Gold Star" for recruiting. :thumbs:

combatmp29r

Ahhh the gold stars. How many points we giving Terry?? Still 3000 to get your ring?? Yes I was a dreaded Army recruiter in Kalispell Montana for 3 years

T-Mo

Joel,

I'm a former recruiter - Dekalb, Illinois - 1983-84. It was that duty that helped me decide to get out of the service. I had forgotten the rings - I remember the badges though, and the stars. I still have my silver and my gold badges. I don't know about you, but the Army really screwed up when they dropped the "Be All That You Can Be" slogan. I remember the "The Army does more before 6 AM...." ads. Great ad campaign. I never understood nor liked the "An Army of One" - it wasn't true nor was it reflective of the Army spirit. I also don't care for the "Army Strong" campaign now. I really feel sorry for today's recruiters with ad campaigns like that.

Oh, sorry, for the :thumbs: post. :thumbs:

Stigian

If your reading this Steve, :D:thumbs:

You wont find a more friendly and helpful bunch over here at RedSquare :thumbs:

combatmp29r

I agree Treed. I have my silver and gold badges plus my ring. That was the duty that masde me leave the Regular Army and come home to the reserves. Still wear my gold badge on my Class As. Well while we still were them. we're changing over to a form of blues for class As now :thumbs: Ok I'm done :thumbs:

pond195520032003

:thumbs: Steve, glad to have you aboard :thumbs:

combatmp29r

Yes Steve :thumbs: sorry about getting off topic above. Doesn't happen much around here :thumbs:

pond195520032003

:thumbs:

wesley

Hi steve and welcome, this is a great place, they are like family here .

wes