Sign in to follow this  
chevelletown

Suburban 551

Rollerman

Ken I may sound nuts saying this....But that may be my former 520H?

I sold it to a guy in MI up that way off ebay last fall whom really wanted a 520H with the easy steer & 60" deck?

You might run it buy him & ask where he picked it up...... :thumbs:

T-Mo

Ken,

What another Wheel Horse? :thumbs: Man, you got the fever! :D It wasn't that long ago that you pick up, what was it, 16 tractors. :thumbs:

CasualObserver

Well, it's over... $1625... never saw that coming in a million years.... pretty much more than double what I'd say it's worth!

Kelly

I thought with the reel mower it might get up to $1000 it is nice but, I can buy alot of tractors for that kinda money.

chevelletown

Stephen, I wondered about that myself after seeing the picture you posted of your 520H :thumbs: . I'll ask him where he got it. Are there any distinguishing marks on your old one that I can look for in hte pics he sent me?

Terry, yes I have the fever. I'm even selling some Chevelle parts so I can buy Wheel Horse stuff, so it has to be bad. Do you need a 12 bolt possi for a 64 to 67 Chevelle? lol I did make a list of my favorite 25 tractors and promised myself no more than that. Only 4 more to go so I'd better slow down, but then there is all those cool attachments............ :thumbs:

kpinnc

Good grief!

I have 8 tractors, and I seriously doubt I have $1600 tied up in all of them together.

And one of them is a 551... :thumbs:

Kevin

chevelletown

One of the best parts of this hobby is that it can be affordable and fun at the same time. There's nothing better than the hunt for great buy on a Wheel Horse. The car hobby has gotten so expensive all the fun is gone.

pond195520032003

isent that the truth! thats why i sold all my 57 Chevys and my Impalas :thumbs:

Buzz

One of the best parts of this hobby is that it can be affordable and fun at the same time. There's nothing better than the hunt for great buy on a Wheel Horse. The car hobby has gotten so expensive all the fun is gone.

My wife's best friend thinks this hobby is the stupidist thing she ever heard of,:thumbs: but..... A few months ago she was complaining that her husband had just spent $3200.00 for custom wheels and tires for his street rod ( a car that hasn't been further than 30 miles from home since he built it). My wife broke out laughing and said that for that kind of money I'd have six Wheel Horses all fixed up plus a trailer to take them to the shows. :thumbs:

chevelletown

Buzz, that's an excellent example of what I'm talking about. My wife thinks I'm crazy but I told her I can buy a nice tractor for $400, all I get for that much at the body shop is a dirty look :thumbs: I'm restoring a 66 GTO right now and just the paint job was $12,000. Plus storing all those cars is expensive. The Wheel Horses like it just fine in the barn :thumbs: Yes sir, I have red fever and don't mind if I do.