Sign in to follow this  
wallfish

418 C

wallfish

I was looking at a 418 C that is for sale today. It's in fairly good condition with a 48

CasualObserver

Was this considered a commercial grade tractor?

Yep... it was a commercial version. There have been a few discussions about that model in the past.... Hopefully Dustin will see this and chime in.

418C search results

418-C results

wh500special

Awesome tractor. Buy it.

They are a low-frills version of the 418-A and have the heavy front spindles and really wide rear wheels. They are fast suckers too and aren't terribly plentiful. It would slot into your collection perfectly or could replace your 416...

Steve

DMESS

I'm not 100% sure about the full array of variations this particular engine spec number included, but I can't imagine it's anything more than the absence of the chrome muffler and air cleaner. IMO internal specs should be the same as any other WH using the M18.

The 418-C was marketed at the "commercial" buyer and was simply a stripped down 418-A without the fancy chrome and indicator lights. In place of the fluff the tractor was equipped with the HD spindles, 10.5" rear rubber and armrest seat.

Strangely the ground speeds are listed to be the same as the standard 418-A, but anyone I've talked to that has had experience with one of these seems to agree they are a fair amount quicker than most of the 1100 equipped WH tractors. I'd wager mine (thanks Steve) is as quick in reverse as it is forward.

FYI, approx. 535 of these were produced. Certainly a bit more on the less common side.