Sign in to follow this  
hodge

Any interesting church signs?

hodge

I have started my new job, as youth pastor/associate pastor at our church. One of my responsibilities is to put up the church sign. This is unique for me, because I have a pet peave about church signs that are cutesy or insulting- cute phrases that are play on words, etc. To me, they seem more to insult than inspire. So, I really appreciate a church sign that is thoughtful, mature, and spiritual. Now, I am the one coming up with ideas, and I don't want to be hipocritical!

One of my favorites, which I have never forgotten, is "You can't change the wind, but you can adjust your sails". Well put- you can't control lifes circumstances, but you are in control of how you respond to life. Anybody with their own favorites? I promise that I won't make fun or think less of anyone- if it is good, I probably will use it sometime on our board.

One more thing, and I do mean this sincerely- I love and appreciate you folks. This is a unique environment- building relationships and seeking wisdom from people that, in most cases, we don't meet. God's grace is here also, and meaningful friendships can be made. Blessings to you all.

In Christ,

Mark

stevasaurus

Mark...I see you did not get any replies...read this a few days ago...every once in a while I go by some signs at churches arond here that make you think and sometimes smile... will share them with you when I see them... add them to this thread, if that is OK.

DOC in Kentucky

I just saw a god one, it said;

" Sorry this sign is broken, come inside for message"

I thought that was clever :scratchead:

gwgdog66

Right is always right, and wrong never will be.

Something my Grandpa said that stuck.

W9JAB

As a Pastor maybe you can answer this burning question, An I hope I don't burn in HELL for asking it!

Is it true that at Easter, if Jesus goes out of the tomb and see's his shadow, you have six more weeks to take down your Charismas lights?

:scratchead:

phipsi27

Saw one a year or so ago;

"God answers knee mail"

travisg84

saw one about 6 months ago,

And Jesus said "getter done"

hodge

As a Pastor maybe you can answer this burning question, An I hope I don't burn in HELL for asking it!

Is it true that at Easter, if Jesus goes out of the tomb and see's his shadow, you have six more weeks to take down your Charismas lights?

No burning, at least not for that one...

More?

linen beige

I just saw a god one,

Hmmmm... I gotta ask. Was the deleted "O" intentional? or is this just another of His mysterious ways?

Nick

Just found a card hung on the door with info for a small local church and a 9 volt battery was with it. Card in with the battery said "Just as your smoke alarm needs power to run, we need God in our life to run right".

bitten

Courage is fear after a prayer

SgtBob

One more...............

In Eternity only three things matter

Location Location Location

dkopp

This may be off the beaten path of the discussion, but if you ever put together a pulling tractor I have a suggestion for a name for it.

Glory Bound ...pulling for Jesus, 'cause He pulled for me.

I know the Glory Bound name is not original but it's just a thought.

God Bless.

cwilson

Saw one today that read

"Walmart is not the only savings place'