Sign in to follow this  
pond195520032003

Hiller YardHand

pond195520032003

this is my hiller yardhand 3 wheel tractor from the early 50's! :thumbs: shipped to me from Texas :thumbs:

Picture002-3.jpg

Picture004-4.jpg

Picture004-5.jpg

Brochure front/rear cover

Picture007-1.jpg

inside fold out!

Picture006.jpg

combatmp29r

Thats a cool looking little toy Greg :thumbs:

T-Mo

That's the first one I think I've seen. Interesting little creature it is. What size engine is in that thing and...well I probably got more questions than I can type here. :thumbs:

CasualObserver

They're very high priced for their size... highly sought after by collectors.

Terry you can check the specs at the bottom of this page.

Russel Miner's YardHand

Edit.... I want to add... I saw one at an antique flea market... all original, in spectacular shape... guy wanted $4000 for it. Said he'd take $3500... but that's still too many fleas for me to spend! Neat machines though.

CasualObserver

And here's a closeup of a restored one.

Yesterday's Tractors

pond195520032003

Terry, it has a 1-1/2 hp power products engine(whitch is a 2 cycle tecumseh) i will ad a couple pics in a little while, have to run (i mean drive to the post office) :thumbs:

combatmp29r

That closeup helped alot Jason thanks :thumbs: I knew that large pulley had to tie in somewhere between the motor and rear end, but wasn't sure where.

pond195520032003

I added a few more pics! :D Joel, that large pully is actually for running the table saw that mounts to the hood :thumbs: i saw a couple of these at the portland swap meet for $2500. :thumbs:

combatmp29r

Did you say Table saw? Great now the carpenter side of me will be watching for one of these :thumbs: Very cool attachment!!!!!!

pond195520032003

yes, but that is the hardest attachment to find :P i havent found any parts let alone attachments :thumbs::thumbs: if you look closely at the right lower corner of the brochure you will see it mounted to the hood! thats what the 2 bolts are for :D

Stigian

Its very strange looking, but that makes it very cool :thumbs:

I cant get over the size of tha flywheel :D

A very nice find Greg :thumbs:

pond195520032003

Thanks Ian, it was on ebay almost 2 years ago and i won it :D the seller got mad because it didnt bring what he thought it should, :D and it took me 3 months to get it emailing back and forth and i had the usps involved whitched helped me :thumbs: all in all its not perfect but i hope to at least find some parts for it :P :thumbs:

combatmp29r

Sounds like he should have set a higher reserve :thumbs: I see the pic of the table saw now. Very cool!!!!! Wonder what some home owner would say if they saw me use that on a job site???? :thumbs:

Greg B.

Those are just too cool. It's a shame they are so rare and expensive....Congrats on your find.

Greg B.

Buzz

Wonder what some home owner would say if they saw me use that on a job site????

They'd call OSHA on you, got to be a few safety violations on the older equipment. Remember, none of us are responsible for our own actions or safety. If we get hurt it's ALWAYS someone else's fault and we can SUE them!

pond195520032003

yea buzz, osha sure would get a little upset as they dont have any guards on them :thumbs: would be a little messy if someone got their hand cought in the pully :thumbs:

TT

Greg,

Did you see this engine on ebay? It looks a little like the one in your Yard Hand. :thumbs:

Power Products two-cycle engine on ebay

pond195520032003

Thanks Terry, i added it to my watch items! the hiller actually takes a model AH-47! the one on it was locked up and full of sand :thumbs: :thumbs:

combatmp29r

Greg, probably ought to send him a list of what you need for it :D Ole Hawkeye will find em :thumbs: :thumbs:

combatmp29r

Now come on Buzz why did you have to bring OSHA in to it?

pond195520032003

thanks TT :thumbs: added it to my watch also :thumbs: