Sign in to follow this  
KB9LOR

New Horse to the Herd!

KB9LOR

Picked up my newest Herd member today, a 1968 Raider 12, 6-speed w/42 Inch deck, picked it up around 1 pm, got her home and started the process of cleaning, got the tank cleaned and all lines, fuel pump, and Carb, took about 20 mins to get her to come to life, ah...what a wonderful feeling! BTW got the deck off of it, center spindle is TOAST, locked up and rusted, only thing keeping it in place is the belt, so looks like a winter project there on the refurb of the deck, but going to be mainly used for the Garden anyways, here are a few pics:

100_0402.jpg

100_0403.jpg

100_0404.jpg

100_0405.jpg

BTW it was a 50 buck addition to the Herd too!!

Brian

Kelly

Not bad for the price, I have a couple that had/have that nice green patina on them, by the way where are you located, I have a couple of good decks to fit that.

Doubletrouble

Nice price!! Wish I could find a deal like that. looks like a good tractor, already has the ag's on the rear too. Some elbo grease and paint and she'll look great!! Have fun with her.

KB9LOR

Not bad for the price, I have a couple that had/have that nice green patina on them, by the way where are you located, I have a couple of good decks to fit that.

I am in Columbus, In. and yeah that deck I have is Ugly!!

Brian

KB9LOR

Nice price!! Wish I could find a deal like that. looks like a good tractor, already has the ag's on the rear too. Some elbo grease and paint and she'll look great!! Have fun with her.

Yeah, Already started, got some of the hood sanded already, waiting on my brother to bring up the sandblasting unit so I can really get on it lol.

Brian

Duff

Nice, straight looking machine, Brian, and darned good price. Have fun with it!

Duff :scratchead:

Brian1045

Are those the deeper 8" Rims?

If so...definitely a nice score!

KB9LOR

Are those the deeper 8" Rims?

If so...definitely a nice score!

Yes they are, are they hard to find? if so I did not know that, I just knew I had to save the horse, it will never be left out in the rain again! These tractors are very fun and addictive, so much I gave my Electro to my brother who is up this weekend, and we have been having a ball this weekend working on the horses! My brother is now addicted, it is so dang funny, but hey any background on those wheels fill me in I appreciate the info, I have only been Horse herding a short time, and am hungry for all info. thanks!

Brian

bell

The old girl looks pretty solid! NICE SCORE! :scratchead:

Brian1045

Most rims that style are 7.5"..those look like they may be a little deeper, like the 8.5" ones.

I could be wrong on your rim size (they look deeper than 7.5"though) and they are better for larger tires, a lot of cub cadets used them too.

KeithB

Nice tractor, enjoy :scratchead:

bitten

Great score. Looks like you got a good one.

TJ

Nice tractor. :scratchead:

fireman

Nice score :scratchead: I'll take a $50 tractor like that anyday.

WHC-125

Nice Score! And good price too :scratchead:

KB9LOR

Nice, straight looking machine, Brian, and darned good price. Have fun with it!

Duff :scratchead:

Going to have a ton of fun with it, I am in the process of stripping it down, as it is going to be a working horse, I am not going for a show piece, I am just wanting to get the surface rust off, the rustiest parts are the front rims, but they can be saved, I really like the geared over the Hydro.

Brian

KB9LOR

I measured the rims from edge to edge, looks about 8 Inches wide and 6 inches deep from the axel.

Brian

d180man

Hi nice find! :scratchead: :hide:

hcminis

Brian

You beat me to it. Was going to get it after work and was already gone. Hope you have a lot of fun with it. Still getting my Indy 500 ready for the "dip tank"

Thanks for sharing

D. J.

KB9LOR

Brian

You beat me to it. Was going to get it after work and was already gone. Hope you have a lot of fun with it. Still getting my Indy 500 ready for the "dip tank"

Thanks for sharing

D. J.

Sorry about that D.J., but he said I was the first to e-mail so he said he gave me first shot at it, it is running very nice, took me a few hours to get the fuel system clean, but once that was done off she went. Oh you got any pics up on yours? and one question, I have not been able to find a "how to" on how to build one of those tanks, can you shed any light on it?

Brian

I have gotten bitten bad by the WH bug, I now have 3 that run and a parts 877, and my wife just can't figure this fever out, lol!

Suburban 550

Good deal, Brian. :scratchead: Couldn't beat that price.

KB9LOR

Good deal, Brian. :scratchead: Couldn't beat that price.

Thanks! did some research on the Dip tanks, getting everthing together now, that is what I love about this place everyone is so nice and helpful!

Brian