Sign in to follow this  
Crow Horse

Rear Cargo Rack

Crow Horse

I didn't want to hijack the thread on the beverage holder removal so here's my progress (it's been slow) on the rear cargo rack.

I've taken measurements and my plans are to have the main support (I'll call it the "hoop") using 1.5" square tube that will be one piece ( 4-90

bitten

Crow:

Sounds interisting, cant wait for the pics to see how it turns out.

P.J.

Crow Horse

Update....

I haven't lost interest in this project. Actually, it's to the contrary. I'm hell bent on getting this done and done right. The long delay was actually getting the materials from work. Now that I have them, the fun begins next week.....

Duvall

I was going to make something like this. I was going to make almost a direct copy of the aux fuel tank stand. I will not get to this project for a while.

Maybe you can use some of it in your design.

auxtank.jpg

auxtank2.jpg

auxtank3.jpg

htopjimmy26

By any chance are numbers 6-7-8 still available that would be most of your work right there. Good luck :scratchead:

Duvall

By any chance are numbers 6-7-8 still available that would be most of your work right there. Good luck :scratchead:

Looks like #6 is still avalible.

Toro Consumer 83300 (replaces 113919)

FUEL-TANK ACCESSORY Your price: $503.98 0 of these in your cart

Get out the plastic.

HorseFixer

Looks like #6 is still avalible.

Toro Consumer 83300 (replaces 113919)

FUEL-TANK ACCESSORY Your price: $503.98 0 of these in your cart

Get out the plastic.

Andy for that price :ychain: I think yer on the right track building yer own! :hide:

Duvall

Maybe at that price it comes with the factory that makes them.

acedog

Crow Horse, it looks like this project is comming along quite well. I can't wait to see some pics and the final product. I'am sure it will good, GOOD LUCK

JoeMonag

I have bracket 7 and 8 on my used 1988

310-8, and always wondered what they were for, I assumed it was for a tiller. What other acessaries are these used for? Joe in Norton

kpinnc

I have bracket 7 and 8 on my used 1988

310-8, and always wondered what they were for, I assumed it was for a tiller. What other acessaries are these used for? Joe in Norton

Not 100% sure of parts 7 and 8, but a very similar setup was used on several of the rear bagger systems. The main support bracket (#6) was different only on the top. The bracket widened out to a support to hold the bagger frame.

Kevin

DMESS

Kids, part #7 & #8 appear to be the identical brackets that are used to mount the 1989 and up Easy Twin bagger. Interesting to note that the aux. gas tank used the same type of quick release method. Actually, it doesn't surprise me....this IS Wheel Horse we're talking about. When the bagger is removed you are left with two sturdy posts that could easily be utilized to attach a cargo tray or carrier and it could be quickly removed via this attachment method. ( at least on the 1989 and up versions)

Crow Horse

The going has been slow but progress has been made although not to my satisfaction. I'm still waiting for the "hoop" to be bent but the "U" axle mounts have been bent. My home welder is giving me fits as the liner might be shot. The rack is almost done. More grinding and welding needs to be done but here's a pic of it in it's current state.

A huge monkey wrench was tossed into the works today as I found myself caught in a company layoff which is probably temporary but will be too long for my liking.

Pictured is the rack with the expanded steel floor clamped in place.........Please forgive the clutter around it........

Attached Image

post-3-1256083612.jpg

Sarge

Just keep it light, the nose on that model tractor can get sky-happy...

Looks good though!

Sarge

chamjack

Very nice job so far :scratchead:

MikesRJ

I was going to make something like this. I was going to make almost a direct copy of the aux fuel tank stand. I will not get to this project for a while.

Maybe you can use some of it in your design.

auxtank.jpg

auxtank2.jpg

auxtank3.jpg

If you can scan that manual, that would make a nice addition to MWH.

Duvall

If you can scan that manual, that would make a nice addition to MWH.

Added

MikesRJ

Posted in "Special Options". Thank you.

Sparky

Lookin good and very well built by the way :scratchead: .

Sorry to hear about the layoff. Hopefully its a real short one.

Mike........

acedog

Crow Horse, very sorry about the lay off, hopefully your be back for the hollidays. The cargo rack is looking good. GOOD LUCK!

Crow Horse

Thanks for the kind thoughts...... I never saw this layoff coming and was stunned by it. Gotta keep a positive spin on it. At least now I can get to some projects that were waiting for me to find time. It sucks that I have to rely on my home shop as it was easier to use works' equipment. Oh well, I'm grateful that I have a home shop.....

Welded in the expanded steel floor on the rack. I just need that hoop bent so I can proceed to the next step......