Sign in to follow this  
acedog

WH bottle holder

acedog

I'm thinking about removing the bottle holder and mounting a tool box in it;s place. Just wondering if anyone hDSCN0234-1.jpgere haas none this and maybe has some pictures?

jusjeepn

Well I for one think it's a great idea. Now, you need to get rid of that beverage holder so it's not taking up space in your garage. I think I have room for it here :scratchead::ychain: :hide:

truckin88

what year is that?

tgranthamfd

My 2005 doesn't have the 315-8 speed decal on the hood, and I think they only did the classic gt series for 4 years, maybe 5. Yes a toolbox could be handy, but you may not need it for your horse. :scratchead: Never had any real trouble with mine.

Rollerman

Sure is a pretty Horse!

I think I'd have a real tuff time modifying that late model paint for a tool box. :scratchead:

bitten

You have a Wheel Horse, You dont need a tool box. But a nice refreshing bevrage is always nice.

acedog

OK, it sounds like I started a little controversy about the year of my WH and the decal.Well it is a 2005 model but I liked the a decal that represents the engine size, it is a 15hp engine. And second, the tool box isn't for tools to fix the WH but sometimes I have to go to a area of my property to do something that I need tools for and don't feel like carring them. If you look around any store that sells anything with a small engine these days none have horse power on them there all in CC. This drives me crazy, I was told it's because some dufuss sued some company that the hp posted on the model did not represent the exact power output so everything had to be changed. So be it:

Horse Fanatic

If you drill holes in your nice fender you might regret it later.

hoosier

Maybe you could pull a little yard cart or something to haul your tools.

Sparky

I see you dont have a bagger system so maybe you could attach a tool carrier to the rear hitch. I think Craftsman made something like that. It doesnt have wheels so your not towing it.

Mike........

acedog

As far as drilling holes in the fender, there is allready two holes there to hold the cup holder. I was going to use the same ones. But I like the idea of a tool carrier on the back, I'll have to look into craftsman for that. Thanks:

Red Iron

Depending on what tools you want to carry, like snippers or trimmers??

I have used a paper box tube and added a bracket to stand the tube upright

and pinned it to my drawbar hitch. I did it for holding objects I find in yard

as I mow, including my neighbor's golf balls. Now, the choice is to advertize

your local newspaper or paint it red. Just a thought

tgranthamfd

acedog, I can only speak for myself, but no contraversy here, hadn't seen it before and just wondered. It is a beautiful machine and I like all the customizing you have done to it. Mine is completely stock and now you have got me thinking about pertting her up some. :scratchead: Have a good one. Terry

Crow Horse

This is just a thought at the moment, but I'm acquiring the materials to make this happen.

I'll be fabbing up a cargo rack (similar to what short wheel base Jeeps use on trails) that will mount to the trans-axle & hitch at 3 points. It will provide a a platform right behind the seat to accommodate a standard sized milk crate or a bit larger. My goal is to create a rack to carry tools/weapons (or anything) without having to tow a wagon or cart around. Somewhere in my design, I want to have a beverage holder of some kind......

I want to use it with the rear hitch that is sold on E-Bay. As soon as I get it, project cargo rack will be underway .....

Just some food for thought........

Crow Horse

I forgot to mention that another item I want to incorporate into the rack is a fire extinguisher. It might sound like overkill, but I think it's cheap insurance......

Crow Horse

This is a very crude sketch of my plans....

Maybe this will give you some ideas.....

Attached Image

post-3-1252843488.jpg

acedog

Back again, I don't know what hapened to my photobucket picture, it was there now it's gone, o well. Well I decided to keep the cup holder after all. I thought I would look into a tool bag with a shoulder strap to sling over the back of the seat. I looked into some kind of craftsman device but could not anything. BUT I sure like this thought that ( Crow Horse ) has, as soon as you figure that one out put me down for one! Later:

TT

I'm not sure how tough they'd be to find, but a used rear rack from an old three or four wheeler (anyone remember the old "six-pack" racks?) attached to uprights like used on the rear mounted baggers would be an option.

I know this tractor is the wrong color, but this tractor-mounted dump bed was recently spotted at local show and something like it could come in handy too. :scratchead:

NAMA2009F017.jpg

acedog

Well, it seems like the idea's of building a small hauler on the back of the tractor is catching on. Keep them comming , I like it! WH INGENUITY

fackovec

What you are describing is like a bustle rack on a tank:

I was going to fabricate something similar to the pix with the sketch over the winter. my first thought is something like a angle iron frame, that a milk carton could be put on and bunjied down. I still need the hitch... Might have to extend that bit depending on how far out the tool box extends.

I will post pix as soon as I get underway.

Hank

Londonderry, NH

fackovec

Hey all:

Ironically I was purusing Craigslist for stuff and ran across this tool holder for a tractor- It has a place to attach a 5 gallon pail, and you can hang a couple for things also.

http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/grd/1378733012.html

I attached a picture but I don't know if it worked

Best

Hank

Attached Image

post-3-1253206064.jpg