Sign in to follow this  
jdog_kustoms

d-180 rear hubs

jdog_kustoms

best way to remove the rear hubs on the big d series i tryed my puller i used on my 416-8 but hade no luck

all help is greatly apriciated

jdog_kustoms

anyone ????? i just busted both hubs on my tractor now i need to get the ones off my spare dont want to bust them

HELP PLEASE

canam1991

heat and puller :scratchead:

jdog_kustoms

thats what i did plus pb blaster

wh500special

D hubs are an SOB. You already learned that pulling them from the bolt flange won't work, so on your spare you will either need to fabricate a puller that will grab the hub from behind down on the bolt circle for the turning brakes or take the whole rearend out of the tractor and take it to a shop that has a monster hydraulic press. That casting is pretty fragile, so any puller that grabs it from the lug flange is going to break it. You gotta push from behind.

On the broken set I recommend either testing one of these two methods above or cut them off with an angle grinder.

D hubs are unique because they are so darn long. When they are stuck no amount of penetrating oil will get thru. I have been blasting the hubs on my D for two years with PB blaster and they are still stuck tight. I'd imagine lots of heat may help loosen them, but I've not had any luck there either.

Good luck,

Steve

• Like 1

jdog_kustoms

thanks for your help ill have to try that