Sign in to follow this  
DMESS

New addition home in PA

DMESS

A picture is worth a thousand words.....fresh from an Indiana fence row:

dsHD1.jpg

dsHD2.jpg

dsHD3.jpg

Big thanks to Ken for snagging it and Eldon for dragging it...back to PA. Eldon managed to get it running for me last week, but it needs a flywheel sidecrank seal and some electrical work. Once those things are resolved it will run a 48" SD for awhile to work out any bugs and then eventually get the "magic red dust" treatment.

Keep your eyes open horse hunters...it's amazing what you might find out there! :scratchead:

truckin88

awesome!!! can you give some background history on this model, and how it came to where it was. Also whats the pully under the pto bell next to the tach a matic and behind the axle?

For onan parts, I had great luck with my 520-H at onanparts.com. Can't wait to see it done.

rickv1957

Very nice find indeed!!! :scratchead: ,Rick

rickv1957

The idler pulley by the PTO looks like setup for a C195 with 60" deck,Rick

d180man

Hi nice tractor and find!! :scratchead: :hide:

HorseFixer

Nice Snag! :scratchead:

DMESS

awesome!!! can you give some background history on this model, and how it came to where it was. Also whats the pully under the pto bell next to the tach a matic and behind the axle?

For onan parts, I had great luck with my 520-H at onanparts.com. Can't wait to see it done.

Well, it's kinda sketchy, but from what I'm told intentions were good to continue producing a C-195 style tractor for several more years. Lackluster C-195 sales killed the idea, but a few "test mules" were apparently conceived to hash out styling/engineering ideas for possible integration into the high end of the 500 series lineup. It is understood that WH had a habit of selling these prototypes/test mules off as "USED" equipment to employees or other buyers who would accept them without any type of warranty at a reduced price. This tractor wasn't real far from South Bend so anything is possible.

I'll assume the pulleys/attaching hardware would be the same as a C-195 so it looks like it would have been setup with a 60" deck.

T-Mo

Nice find. And nice friends - you sure can't be good friends. :scratchead:

Raider12

Man that is cool, what model is this? Year?

htopjimmy26

Wow, I thought for sure that these machines were just cleverly conceived hoaxes {nod to Eldon, Who does some fantastic bodywork} but a second machine does peak my interest. I see a few differences in the two machines, KJ's seems to be a little older as Eldon's tractor has the later 520 column mounted shifter,but no swept forward axle. What one tractor has the other doesn't so it is possible that both were engineering mules. I know one thing for sure, 1 would look good between my 82 and 84 C195 :hide: I wanna hear more about these 2 tractors, like where there is another 1 :scratchead:

Horse Fanatic

Awesome, but what a shame someone left such a rare piece outside to deteriorate!

C-Series14

:scratchead:

Did that rare machine go thru Ohio and I missed it????

DOC in Kentucky

Nice find. And nice friends - you sure can't be good friends. :scratchead:

Yea you sure can't beat good friends, thats for sure!!!!

kj4kicks

Hi guys, thought I'd jump in here with a few things.

Yes Mike, it slipped through Ohio under cover.

Here are a few things I noticed so far:

Dustin's has the high mounted hyd controls, so it must have been based more directly off the '84 model. Both have the swept front axles and gear reduction steering. Dustin's has the early style SW gauges, mine has the later design. I would guess that D's was an earlier "rough" design built from "off the shelf" pieces, and mine was a bit more "refined" and closer to what the 520 models ended up being.

Mine also has wider rear wheels, much like the 520's do.Besides the mouse damage to the wiring, it is a strange layout that will take a little time to sort out.

The biggest shame is that the model number tag was badly faded, and there are no numbers visible. Whoever let this sit outside all these years should be beaten severely.

Any other questions, feel free to post them and I will try to answer.

E.

bitten

:scratchead: I want one.

gottahavvitt
Wow, I thought for sure that these machines were just cleverly conceived hoaxes {nod to Eldon, Who does some fantastic bodywork} but a second machine does peak my interest. I see a few differences in the two machines, KJ's seems to be a little older as Eldon's tractor has the later 520 column mounted shifter,but no swept forward axle. What one tractor has the other doesn't so it is possible that both were engineering mules. I know one thing for sure, 1 would look good between my 82 and 84 C195 :scratchead:

clintonnut

Nice find! It is a shame about the ID tag.

Eldon, I will let you drive my D-250 if you will let me drive the 595HD!! :scratchead:

Charlie

kj4kicks

No problem Charlie, see you at S-O-R !

Here's what's left of D's ID tag:

P9011556.jpg

chevelletown

DMESS did you ever get this painted? :banghead:

can whlvr

i missed this thread when i didnt have a computer,any more pics of these neat machines,did it come those colors,looks like a cross between a 520 and a c195,is this true?

wh1257

lats be go the baest I've one see befor your 595 HD

Sparky

Guys, this is a homebuilt tractor using a C-195 and a 520-H. I've seen and driven Eldons 595HD tractor and its a sweet machine all around and I mean no disrespect, but this is NOT a tractor that was built by Wheel Horse. Hope I didnt spoil the thrill for any of you but I cant stand by and watch a whole pile of members here getting fooled into thinking this is an official Wheel Horse produced tractor. The original poster of this thread should have come clean long ago in my opinion.

Mike..........

varosd

Wow! What a great find! but even with it being left out in the elements..it still looks good, try that with some of the new POS mowers they sell now.

can whlvr

thanks for telling the real facts,that would have a nice machine for wheelhorse to produce,i wondered about the 80s c rear and a maroon stripe

Brrly1

Thank you Sparky (Mike) Great job. I am glad somebody blew the whistle, at least somebody other than me. I almost did yesterday when I seen Ken's post. Just didn't want to make everybody upset with me. :banghead:

:thumbs: