Sign in to follow this  
Colorado

New member from Colorado

Colorado

Hello to all, thanks for the work to have such a great site. I recently acquired my first Wheelhorse, from a relative in Iowa. (for $350, no gifts) I am trying to determine what model it is. The model # is 1 6253, serial # 732422. The mower deck has a tag that reads 5 1482. It came with the mower deck, snowblower, and snow blade. It also has four weights that go on a spindle mounted to the back axle. It ran recently, but has lost spark. It has an ignition module, which I am thinking may be the culprit. I have seen vendors on this site for parts, so I'll try to get a new one asap. I think I may be the only Wheelhorse fan west of the Missouri, everyone seems to be back east. This is a great place you all have developed, I hope I can contribute somehow. This is the first forum I have ever been on, I'm still learning my way around. Best wishes to all, Bruce.

stevebo

Bruce :thumbs2:

There are many people here that will be able to assist you with your questions. This one is your first but not your last !!

Colorado

Thanks for the welcome, Steve, I'm still trying to figure out how to add pictures, there are so many beautiful tractors here! Bruce.

nylyon

Welcome to RedSquare, you have a 1970 Raider 12. Take a look at the stickies at the top of the general forum for posting pictures. Glad you found us, and

:thumbs2:

TJ

Colorado

Good morning, thanks for the identification, I'm happy to have found this place. Best to all, Bruce.

N.C. horserider

:thumbs2: Enjoy the site lots of good info.

WHC-125

Bruce, :thumbs2:

Operator

:thumbs2: Newbie!!! Maybe you should put your name and location in your signature then we will know where your at, just an idea.

Randy

whfan74

:thumbs2: It's always great to have another member that shares in the hobby as we all do. I hope you enjoy the forum and get all of the help you need!

CaptBob

Colorado,

What part o Colorado do you hail from? I call Cheyenne, Wyoming home.

CaptBob

HorseFixer

:thumbs: Nice Tractor! :thumbs2:

Rogue

I'm a newbie here too. Everyone here is great, helpful and friendly. Stick around you will love it.

bitten

:thumbs2: Sounds like you got a good one for being your first. Have fun with it.

bowtieguy

Hey Bruce....stick around a while and you will find that you are NOT the only WH junkie west of the big ole Mississippi.....wast your relative from Iowa named BIll?

If you want to plan a "road trip" soon, about a dozen of us Wheel Horse junkies are planning on a "meet & greet" day on the first sat in OCT in Missouri.....in the heart of the Ozarks at Rick's horse barn (Wheel Horse, of course)...its going to be fun as Rick has lots of NOS WH tractors and has extended an invite for us to come and see them.

Just in case you do make the trip, it is about 2 hrs drive from Kansas City or St L.

and I've got a list of WH guys from Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa and Nebraska....might as well add Colorado to the list!! :thumbs:

Now if you happen to move to California, you might want to look up a guy named Bruce.....he's got the WEST coast covered with Wheel Horse stuff!!!! :thumbs2:

BTW..... :ychain:

Colorado

Hello Gentlemen, (and Gentlewomen), I've been away from the computer for a couple of days, it's great to feel so welcomed. I'll figure out how to add a 'signature' here shortly, as I learn my way around. I am in Centennial, Colorado, a suburb of Denver, very southeast, near the town of Parker. I'm on 2-1/2 acres, and am hugely looking forward to playing with my wheel horse. It's good to hear from others out here in the hinterland. A trip to Missouri is not out of the question, I might have to fly, just because of job constraints, but I'm sure there's a small airport there somewhere. Lastly, oddly enough, this tractor did come from someone named 'Bill', in Iowa. Go Figure! He was my sister-in-law's father-in-law, and passed away a few years ago. He bought this new, and it was always on his place in West Des Moines, where she lives now. It has a custom beer holder and ash tray on the right side, he liked to drink and smoke while he mowed! I'll set up a photobucket account so I can post some pictures, I plan on using the beer holder regularly. Best wishes to everybody, Bruce.

d180man

Hi :thumbs: :thumbs2:

VinsRJ

Duff

:thumbs: , Bruce!

Glad you found us!

Duff :thumbs2:

wheel horse 1045

Red Iron

:thumbs:

I've always wanted to visit Colorado some day, in Colrado Springs area.

Great forum here, :thumbs2: