Sign in to follow this  
Sparky

Well its Red with 4 tires...

Sparky

Hey guys. Was talkin to a guy at work and he mentions he has a Honda Odyssey that he want gone for cheap. It runs, has electric start, has workin lights and is complete. Seems his wife wants it outa their garage, so away I go with some $$ and my trailer. Buzzed around his yard once and handed over the cash!! Now its in my garage :thumbs: . I even fit in it nicely and I'm 6'1".

Mike........

0209081645a1.jpg

02090816451.jpg

Rollerman

Cool toy Mike...I'm thinking your kid is really likeing you tonight. :thumbs:

Sparky

Yes he is...but it sems to have no brakes so before he take it out for a spin I gotta fix em. I think the cable is messed up. I'm sure he'll be buggin me first thing tomorrow :thumbs: to git her done.

Mike........

chevelletown

That looks like fun :thumbs: I'm shure you'll find a way to hook up some Wheel Horse implements....perhaps a belly mower?

combatmp29r

Very Cool Mike :thumbs: An Odesey wow haven't seen one in awhile. Never played with one though. Very Cool.

pond195520032003

Could add a sickle bar or mid mount blade sidelaugh.gif

whchris

oh boy those are fun used to have one so did my neighbor in Lebanon hes still got the parts donor for them let me know if you need anything although there's not much left to it. boy i bet your wife is thrilled

T-Mo

Honda Odyssey? When you said a Honda Odyssey I was picturing a mini-van. I wasn't aware that Honda used that name before for something a little less mundane than a mini van. Nice toy, Mike. Sure, the brakes are out, you just wanted it all to yourself for while. :thumbs:

TT

They're even more fun when you master the art of "sapling reverse", Mike.

My cousin had a yellow '78 FL250 that I used to borrow all the time. Since it didn't have reverse, and it took forever to get out and turn it around, I would just look for a tree about 1 1/2" in diameter and run the Odyssey up over it until the tree bent. When the tree bent far enough, I'd let off the throttle and let the tree push me backwards far enough to turn around. (it was actually a fun "game" too!)

One friendly word of advice about them......

RESIST the temptation to put your hand out if it ever begins to roll over. NEVER let go of the steering wheel. My old neighbor broke his wrist in 4 places because he let go of the wheel and the cage got him. :thumbs: I think the newer FL350's and/or the Pilot's had wrist restraint straps on the steering wheel to keep this from happening. :thumbs:

So what year is it? (I'll guess 1983.)

Sparky

Well this is how I played it. "Honey we can all go (her and both kids) and after we just LOOK at the Honda I'll take us all to a restaurant for dinner."

Worked like a charm :thumbs: . So I guess the price of the Honda went up by about $65 with the dinner bill.

Mike.....

Sparky

Woww TT....nice guess. Its an "82" with no reverse. I'll have to try that sapling thing since all my riding is in the woods, no open fields here.

So how fast was the one you rode? I only put-putted it around my buddies yard as I didnt want to tear it all up.

Mike.........

whchris

carefull she might start wanting dinner every time you buy some thing i dont think i ever really met her i guess she was just happy knowing that 90% of the time i saw you i was buying something form you

nylyon

What a nice addition, and ya got the color right! Nice Score!

TT

Woww TT....nice guess. Its an "82" with no reverse. I'll have to try that sapling thing since all my riding is in the woods, no open fields here.

So how fast was the one you rode? I only put-putted it around my buddies yard as I didnt want to tear it all up.

Mike.........

We never actually "clocked it" with a vehicle, but I believe top speed was around 40 or 45 mph, which is way too fast for no rear suspension!

To quote my friend: "it bounced like a fat woman on a diving board!" :thumbs: :thumbs:

kpinnc

but it sems to have no brakes so before he take it out for a spin I gotta fix em.

Mike,

Put a snow blade on it! You won't need brakes!

Kevin

Rollerman

Honda Odyssey? When you said a Honda Odyssey I was picturing a mini-van. I wasn't aware that Honda used that name before for something a little less mundane than a mini van. Nice toy, Mike. Sure, the brakes are out, you just wanted it all to yourself for while.

Terry "JD"...the sad thing is your getting old when somebody does mention a Honda Odyssey & you think about the ATV first...not the mini van. :thumbs:

combatmp29r

Now hold on there Stephen I thought of the ATV first and i'm not old at all!!!! :thumbs: If you all believe that I have some land you may be interested in LOL :thumbs:

Stigian

Nice find Mike, looks like a fun machine :thumbs:

All it needs now is a big bike engine in the back :P

Key start of course so the kids cant use it :D :thumbs:

TT

Did you get to open that thing up yet, Mike?

Sparky

Well sorta :thumbs: . I dont have any fields to fly across, only woods which arent good for goin fast. So I had to tear down the road with it. Now this thing has 2 braking systems as you probably remember. One is the hand brake on the steering control that goes to a disk on the rear axle. The other is a parking brake lever thats mounted next to the seat and goes to a drum also on the rear axle. NEITHER ONE WORKS AT ALL :D !!

The street in front of my house is mainly flat, but whether you go left or right outa my driveway you will eventually start to go downhill. I decided on a right turn outa the driveway and wound er up! It felt like I was doin 150MPH since my eyes were tearing up pretty bad( 26 degree day :thumbs: ) but I figure I was going about 35MPH in reality. The front end is a little shaky and I was short on runway so I had to let off before she reached maximun volocity.

Now to stop it I had to drive into the snow on the side of the road that the town plows had built up. Once she was goin slow enough I cranked the wheel and goosed it and it spun right around and I headed back to my house at what also seemed like 150MPH again. I tried to gage when to let off the throttle so that I would be goin slow enough to pull into my driveway but I guess I'm still a rookie cause I just flew right past my house wondering if it would ever slow down. I ended up going far enough past my house to get to the downhill part which wasnt good news so I had to bale into the side of the road and into some bushes/small trees/snow/road side trash....you get the idea :P . She stopped then and I had to get out and drag it to get her facing uphill again. I took it real slow this time and got it into my driveway and back on the trailer.

Mike.....

PS....its for sale...

TT

For Sale ?????

Already ? :thumbs::thumbs:

I had more than my share of fun with them! (I'll pass. :D )

Doctor up the brakes and list it on ebay -- just make sure you put "rare" and "vintage" in the title and you'll get "many large American dollars". :P

Sparky

I never planned on keepin it, just bought it to try it out and then sell it to fund my addiction :thumbs: .

Mike........

TT

OH....... been there - done that too! :thumbs:

Brrly1

Hey Sparky Where are you located ? And I guess the next question, How Much?

John

Sparky

I'm in Andover Connecticut............kinda far from Ohio I think :thumbs: . If yer still interested e-mail me off the forum.

Mike.........

sparkiees66 @ yahoo .com ( leave out the spaces)