cafoose

New brush cutter

Pullstart

You sure find some interesting stuff Chuck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

cafoose
12 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

You sure find some interesting stuff Chuck!

Sometimes I do. I was scrolling Facebook and that came up as a suggested post so I had to share :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8ntruck

Who is it on the forum who is working on a front mounted brush cutter for their Horse?  Similar principle only using a Ford deck as a starting point.

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

Which leg does he need Chuck.   I have a left That I don't use and will trade for the brush cutter.      

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

SylvanLakeWH
3 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

Which leg does he need Chuck.   I have a left That I don't use and will trade for the brush cutter.      

That's mighty generous... Might say you got a leg up on the other bidders... :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

cafoose
3 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

He doesn't specify. Either should work but the feet may be different :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

cafoose
4 hours ago, 8ntruck said:

Who is it on the forum who is working on a front mounted brush cutter for their Horse?  Similar principle only using a Ford deck as a starting point.

Since I moved to Tennessee I sure could use a front mounted brush cutter. Not working on one at the moment but it is a good idea. Using that one with a horse between you and the cutter it may work. Most body parts would be out of harm's way :handgestures-thumbupright: It could also double as a rodent eliminator. :D Maybe @Pullstart Kevin can get to work on it :banana-wrench: Definitely would need a seat switch :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

SylvanLakeWH

Just make sure you wear @Pullstart's patented safety sandals... be safe!

image.jpeg.d69ec2c856654a345c6e295e9319518a.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

ri702bill
2 hours ago, cafoose said:

Since I moved to Tennessee I sure could use a front mounted brush cutter. Not working on one at the moment but it is a good idea. Using that one with a horse between you and the cutter it may work. Most body parts would be out of harm's way :handgestures-thumbupright: It could also double as a rodent eliminator. :D Maybe @Pullstart Kevin can get to work on it :banana-wrench: Definitely would need a seat switch :handgestures-thumbupright:

Gopher Patrol....... :D

• Haha 1

cafoose
7 minutes ago, ri702bill said:

Gopher Patrol....... :D

Winking Face Emoticon Stock Illustration - Download Image Now - Winking,  Emoticon, Anthropomorphic Smiley Face - iStock

Edited by cafoose
  • Like 1

Wheel-N-It

What in the North Carolina Hillbilly Hades is that thing????

Oh yeah,  I remember seeing one of those in a John Deere parts and accessories catalog. LOL:ROTF:

• Haha 1

Horse Newbie
14 hours ago, 8ntruck said:

Not sure but I think you may be referring to @kpinnc

I just know that he said something like what he is building will only be used where no living animal, two or four legged, is around…

Edited by Horse Newbie
  • Like 2

Mickwhitt

20210528_165357.jpg.012d03bb555a5898fd705367c4153fcb.jpgThis is quite a beast of a brush cutter.

5mm Square nylon trimming line on a 4.5 hp Honda engine.

It makes light work of heavy grass and brambles.

I was thinking of mounting a Stihl brush saw blade on her to really clear some stubborn brush.

• Like 1

cafoose
4 hours ago, Mickwhitt said:

This is quite a beast of a brush cutter.

I got one of these and it kicks butt :handgestures-thumbupright: A little difficult on the hills because it's not self propelled

Lee1977

I see the problem with that brush cutter. You have to be in front of it to start it. He's luck to have only lost one leg.

• Like 1

cafoose
6 hours ago, Lee1977 said:

I see the problem with that brush cutter. You have to be in front of it to start it. He's luck to have only lost one leg.

Very observant I never even thought about that :scared-eek: In that case, if I was to use that on the front of a horse I would have electric start on it :handgestures-thumbupright:

Tractorhead
On 5/26/2023 at 5:03 PM, 8ntruck said:

I did....

I think i.

Bushes 2-3 cm thick should go with it

But not a Ford Deck, i used a relatively cheap 2 Wheeler Attachement and reworked it for my Horse..

4 Blades each disc with calculated 4200 rpm should be doing the Trick.

B5DED14D-B6FE-447B-B28B-58E827CDC659.jpeg.6d4ac3bef125d19368e93daee4a47973.jpeg

And. Yes, it is not centered, because the Cutting zone is just 80cm and my 656 have 87cm width.

so if i centered it, i would drive over the Cut what is a bad idea.

• Like 1