craftmieser@aol.com

hanger cable for mower deck

craftmieser@aol.com

Hi All I have a 1989 or 88 model 252H with a kawasaki engine  and a horizontal pto I took the mower deck off the machine to weld some holes and stress cracks  (*mower deck is a 42 rear dischg) possibly a  05-42RK01 model  upon putting it all back together I didnt take note of where the cable was routed and I cant find any pictures or instructions for where it goes  other than around 2 nylon pulleys and it attaches to the rear wheel height adjustment axle  other than that everything else is where it should be  I just cant figure out or see where that cable goes  around   please Help  Thanks

gwest_ca

Welcome to Red Square

Wonder if manual would help?

• Like 1

craftmieser@aol.com

Already was in it    It only tells of 2 nylon pulleys and the rear wheel axle  dosent say where it is routed on the tractor itself

Lee1977

Must go back to the deck as there is anything in the 252 parts drawings about a lift.

craftmieser@aol.com

there is a 1/4 rod with a nylon cover about 4 long that goes in a hanger on the lift arm  this cable is supposed to level out the deck at the three height settings  and keep the deck from falling out of the lift arm ive looked at all the pictures in the manuals for both the tractor and the deck  nothing is mentioned as to where it should hang on the tractor only where it starts and ends