Pullstart

So cool that it’s a runner!  :happy-partydance:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

squonk
27 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

The first pick up by an unknown assailant from Wisconsin. Note the cheese curd stains on the jacket...

image.jpeg.de273b91bce4583968f7ab4e7de7d60c.jpeg

20230514_205758.jpg

That was a white lab coat until Jim stopped at a local Greasy Spoon!

And what's up with the stain in the shorts or was that a really long trip? :)

• Haha 5

ri702bill

Ride it wearing Flippity-Flops and use the built in foot soaker pockets !!!!! :lol:

• Haha 3

Desko

Would my eyes deceive me to say wheel horse used a modified D series hood? Very cool find! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

SylvanLakeWH

@gwest_ca

For your records / list.

IMG_2253.jpeg

c-series don
2 hours ago, Desko said:

Would my eyes deceive me to say wheel horse used a modified D series hood? Very cool find! 

Good eye! I didn’t notice that but now that I look at it, it does look like it! 

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH
2 hours ago, Desko said:

4 minutes ago, c-series don said:

Good eye! I didn’t notice that but now that I look at it, it does look like it! 

No idea - I've never seen a D hood in person. Wouldn't surprise me though given the Pond's legendary frugality.

Here's a couple more pics of just the hood.

IMG_2268.jpeg

IMG_2269.jpeg

IMG_2270.jpeg

IMG_2271.jpeg

IMG_2272.jpeg

• Like 6

Desko

I'll have to go and measure the D160 hood but with the center line in it it sure looks like! 

• Like 1

Pullstart
8 hours ago, squonk said:

And what's up with the stain in the shorts or was that a really long trip?

I think it was a shadow… no messy poops on that trip!

• Haha 5

SylvanLakeWH

:scared-eek:

WHX??

Wow she really cleaned up nice. 

Nice patch job on the seat too. I think what happened is it dried out wherever it was stored, turned brittle and a PO set something heavy on it. Massage it good with armor all. 

Did Pulldingus remember to give you the colored wiring diagram with the diode? 

Did you try the battery charger? 

Edited by WHX??
  • Haha 3

Pullstart
9 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

Before he could even lay eyes on his A-Baby, he had the wiring schegramic and adapter kit in his car!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

WHX??
On 5/20/2023 at 12:47 PM, SylvanLakeWH said:

Long story short, achto and whxx pick it up in a late season blizzard (covered trailer thank you!) on the way back from their own wrangling mission

That was a white knuckle ride wasn't it Dan. We walked into a quick mart at 6 am to take a leak & coffee. Pitch black out & walked out minutes later to three inches down. Worst off  Karen (the GPS) took us down hilly unplowed side roads. Daylight broke when we hit Iowa and smooth sailing from ther out. 

The masked pic was @Achtos idea I just happen to have a snot rag in my pocket! :lol:

Edited by WHX??
  • Excellent 2

Achto
5 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

That was a white knuckle ride wasn't it Dan

That may be putting it lightly!! We lost about 2hrs of time driving through that crap. Was glad to see clear roads when we hit Iowa.

• Like 3

SylvanLakeWH
1 hour ago, WHX?? said:

Wow she really cleaned up nice. 

Nice patch job on the seat too. I think what happened is it dried out wherever it was stored, turned brittle and a PO set something heavy on it. Massage it good with armor all. 

Did you try the battery charger? 

Yes I got the wire diagram and the diode - Thank you!!! :handgestures-thumbupright:

The battery charger works great. Never used before. The cord was still factory wrapped. It's slick, 36 volts, 12 hour timer that goes to maintainer trickle when charged. Ammeter is pretty accurate compared to tester.

Lubed up and greased all the fittings. @peter lena tacky red...

Ordered a drive belt. Thinking 47+ year old belt might be ready...

Just need to adjust chain drive. For some reason it is too tight... 

Overall thrilled... It's a fun little cruiser.

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 2

SylvanLakeWH

Adjusted chain drive and more lube. Amazing how quiet this thing is now that it's greased up...

Added a spring to the brake pedal (went missing along with clutch spring some time in the last 47 years sitting on the shelf). I used 4 trampoline springs for the clutch and 1 plus an s hook for the brake. Both now functioning properly. 

While it was NOS, it came with some birth defects... ignition connector missing, no springs on clutch pedal or brake, chain was super tight, seat has hole in it, flat tire. Actually not bad for 47 years old... :think:

@WHX?? fixed the ignition and flat tire before I even saw it :notworthy: , trampoline springs work very well, gorilla tape keeps seat together and tacky red keeps things smooth...

:banana-linedance:

IMG_2259.jpeg

Edited by SylvanLakeWH
  • Like 4
  • Excellent 1

SylvanLakeWH

Opinions please...  :think:

Three NOS WH batteries. Still in plastic. Never seen acid. 

They are nothing but 47 year old deep cells with a WH sticker... 

Keep or turn in for the $15 each core charge refund??? :confusion-confused:

Im leaning towards keeping the stickers (they are all coming off already) and getting my $45...

Thoughts from the brain trust? :occasion-clown:

IMG_2284.jpeg

• Excellent 2

WHX??

It's a real dilemma Sylvia... are they worth anything without acid in them?

Personally I would have put acid in them and run them figuring even the most hard core collectors wouldn't want them. Then again with the sealed covers?

Just don't know. 

They say they should be good batts if they where never filled right guys???

I think you did the right thing for now on getting replacement batteries till we can finger things out but yet you can still run it as meant and use it for your tubs.  

Thinking with replacement batts you covered yer @$$ on value of originals anyway. 

Edit... 

Hindsight ... Shoulda sent some core charge batts back with Pullhosen ... I got plenty.  :eusa-doh:

Edited by WHX??
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

SylvanLakeWH

Appreciate the feedback! Should also mention top one in pic had caved top... holder was cranked down to hard. Damaged??? Who knows...

953 nut
10 hours ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Three NOS WH batteries. Still in plastic. Never seen acid. 

They are nothing but 47 year old deep cells with a WH sticker... 

Keep or turn in for the $15 each core charge refund???

Hypothetically since I don't have one;  :twocents-02cents:   If they were in my NOS A-60 I would have gotten the acid and brought the 47 year old batteries to life. Considering the fact that they don't take up a lot of space and $ 45 is not a life altering amount of money I would suggest you keep them. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

peter lena

@SylvanLakeWH like your comment " amazing how quiet it is now that its greased up " , found corrected function detailing / lubrication makes things very easy to use . regularly use  round solid rod , 1/8  or more as a go to pull point on a spring , bend it into a long  S shape . I can also see your collective spring pull as the problem solver . note lucas MARINE GREASE  , thats redadily available , has a very hi temp / stress rating . that sprocket shaft bearing / chain drive spot . watch out , once you go , corrective  set up change , and lubrication , expect a , YOU CAN,T DO THAT , reply . personally give that a GOOD CHANGE RATING  , greasy pete

• Thanks 1

SylvanLakeWH

White smoke... :(

Went for a ride first gear no issues. 3rd gear start out and poof... Stopped dead. Blown 70 amp fuse. Here's the buss and the part info... Very odd as I have not done anything different... :eusa-think:

Gonna start looking for the fuse... hope it's readily available...

@Pullstart @Achto @WHX?? @Evguy

IMG_2482.jpeg

IMG_2484.jpeg

IMG_2483.jpeg

• Sad 3

wallfish

It looks like the fuse is in tact as it should've burnt open at that little thin spot in the middle. :dunno: Could it have been heating up at that connection because of corrosion causing an arc fault? Maybe clean those connections up?

If it's cooked then I'm with Dan and would go with a modern type of fuse replacement. Or, just use "tin foil" like the old one basically was for nostalgia purposes.

• Excellent 2
  • Thanks 2