TonyToro Jr.

New tractor coming soon!

The Freightliner Guy

I think you got the wrong pics i think theres supposed to be a round hood in those photos

• Haha 4

Sparky

Nice…A B-60? 

• Like 4

953 nut

Looking forward to seeing it.    Is this a one family owned :wh: since it was new in 1976?    :wwp:    Know you won't be shy about posting :text-coolphotos:

• Thanks 1

TonyToro Jr.
33 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Nice…A B-60? 

Yup!

• Excellent 2

TonyToro Jr.
6 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

Looking forward to seeing it.    Is this a one family owned :wh: since it was new in 1976?    :wwp:    Know you won't be shy about posting :text-coolphotos:

Yes, it is the original owner. He  bought it brand new in 1976. My dad knew him and knew we were into Wheelhorsesm and he knew we would give it a good home.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 5

ebinmaine

Niiiiice.  

@JCM   look. Paperwork!! 

• Like 4

Sodaking27

Excellent.

• Like 1

Darrenw85

Not too many people keep all the paperwork for the life of the tractor. Good find. 

• Like 6

TJ5208
4 hours ago, The Freightliner Guy said:

I think you got the wrong pics i think theres supposed to be a round hood in those photos

Well maybe he's playing us.

Edited by TJ Salyers
  • Like 1

oliver2-44
4 hours ago, TonyToro Jr. said:

Little sneak peak for what’s to come!! 

38239CCA-BA87-44E6-A4C0-85D0672D05FE.jpeg

9B49603D-9231-40FD-9056-3CC56F600603.jpeg

D7E6A6C4-D140-4699-9CA6-BB22DCCA1010.jpeg

105010D0-0FB8-43EB-93B5-E7F36197BF63.jpeg

2E0FCDB8-A4F8-4A14-97D4-92AED0782C0C.jpeg

Hey. @TonyToro Jr. do you know why those rectangular cards have all the little rectangular holes in them are?

Anybody less that 40 years old know what they are?

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

The Freightliner Guy

fingers crossed tj

• Like 2

The Freightliner Guy
6 minutes ago, oliver2-44 said:

Hey. @TonyToro Jr. do you know why those rectangular cards have all the little rectangular holes in them are?

we have a snowmobile manual that has that its a repair shop check up thing

• Like 1

oliver2-44
1 minute ago, The Freightliner Guy said:

we have a snowmobile manual that has that its a repair shop check up thing

Good guess but not quite right. 

• Like 1

Horse Newbie

I’m over 40… can I tell ya ? @oliver2-44

Edited by Horse Newbie
  • Haha 2

Retired Wrencher

Tony A B-60 wow that was always on my radar but never made the connection. I hope you enjoy it. Cool little tractor. Enjoy the ride.

• Like 3

Horse Newbie

I’m gonna spoil y’all’s fun… ain’t nobody under 40 gonna get it.

Those cards with the rectangular holes are called key punch cards, and they were loaded into the earliest computers (1979-81). That is how you “key punched”information into the computer.

IMG_2336.png

IMG_2337.png

Edited by Horse Newbie
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

TonyToro Jr.
7 hours ago, oliver2-44 said:

I have no idea.. maybe since their warranty cards I think you can’t copy them to get a warranty if it has expired?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

TonyToro Jr.
1 minute ago, Horse Newbie said:

Those cards with the rectangular holes are called key punch cards, and they were loaded into the earliest computers (1979-81). That is how you “key punched”information into the computer.

Oh that makes sense 

• Like 2

Pullstart

I was thinking along the lines of a “cut sheet” for the build.  Close, and I’m still a bit under 40!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3

Pullstart

@TonyToro Jr.congrats!  I think a B-60 is a sweet machine.  A no-frills simple worker, sips fuel, no electronics to speak of, still tough as nails!  Awesome!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

953 nut
14 minutes ago, TonyToro Jr. said:

maybe since their warranty cards I think you can’t copy them to get a warranty if it has expired?

There are three things in life that are certainties;  Death (sooner or later we will all die), Taxes (we all get to participate in funding the government) and the third one is the warranty on your 1976 Wheel Horse has expired (doesn't matter, it will be a great tractor anyway).       :woohoo:

The small rectangular pieces of paper that are punched out of those computer cards are called CHADS. If the die that cuts the chads is not sharp the piece will not come out completely and you will have Hanging Chad. This occurred in the 2000 general election!

https://www.npr.org/2018/11/12/666812854/the-florida-recount-of-2000-a-nightmare-that-goes-on-haunting

• Like 4

Handy Don

I spent many an hour in college keying FORTRAN programming instructions and data onto punch cards using IBM 026 and 029 machines (the 029 had slick features like being able to auto-punch a sequential number onto each successive  card or copy selected columns from the previously punched card).

Being a touch typist let me make some money by keypunching for other students and even for some of the faculty!

The pattern of holes to encode the letters, number, and punctuation was called Hollerith after its inventor.

This system was a step up from the punched paper tape used by Teletype machines of the day which encoded with a 5-hole pattern called Baudot. Cards could be inserted or replaced in a deck individually to add new instructions or make corrections. With tape, you had to punch a whole new tape or do a complicated copy/pause/insert/skip/resume dance with a connected reader and punch.

Edited by Handy Don
  • Like 4

Darb1964
3 hours ago, Horse Newbie said:

IMG_2336.png

IMG_2337.png

You beat me, the only reason I know what they are is when I was in elementary school a classmates mother worked for general electric in the computer department. My classmate brought them as show and tell. She passed them out, we used them as book marks.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

ebinmaine
3 hours ago, TonyToro Jr. said:

Oh that makes sense 

Ya gotta watch out for these guys young fella. 

Every time you turn around you're learning something new whether you meant to or not. 

:ROTF:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5