Sign in to follow this  
Duvall

Long time with the red horse

Duvall

Its not my first post here but I figured since I will be making the trip to Charlotte MI, I should talk a bit about myself.

When I was three (1974) I moved from Sandusky Ohio to a small town SW of Toledo called Whitehouse . It was roughly one acre of property. That is when my father bought our first Wheel Horse, the 1971 GT-14. We had a plow, tiller and mover deck. I grew up on that tractor and starting using it before I could reach the pedal.

We had the GT-14 until 1988 when it was traded in on the 520H with mower deck, tiller, grader blade and snow thrower. Kept the snow blade from the GT-14 and purchased a kit for the 520. We had that 520H only a few years when it was traded in on the 1991 swept axle 520H that we have now. I was surprised when they brought this tractor home. Not only because the other 520 was still new, but because it also said "Toro" on the side. This tractor was purchased with a 60" deck, still had the grader blade, tiller and snow thrower from the first 520.

Put these tractors to work over many years and always considered them one of the better tractors on the market. Never paid much attention to them other than regular maintenance.

My father died in May of this year due to cancer, of course this was a large drain on the family. Not even a week later it seemed a perfect time for the 520 to hang a valve open because I did not have enough to do.:thumbs2:

That is when I found this forum and refracman (Steve). He was local and gave me some advice to help me mend the 520. I recently bought a 1990 416-8 to play around with and spend too much money on. This forum has been priceless for my Wheel Horse addiction.

That is my tractor life in a nutshell.

Thanks for listening,

Andy

Duff

Thank YOU for sharing, Andy, and glad you've joined us!

Duff :thumbs2:

TJ

:thumbs: Look forward to meeting you in Charlotte. :thumbs2: