Achto

Crossing A Horse With A Moose?

ebinmaine
Just now, ri702bill said:

Look at Don's version - right down the middle. Plenty of room to cleanly mount a bearing. Yours may be an issue - wider plate, mount front to back???

Yeah I can see that. Good point. Doesn't matter yet because I haven't made the plate so I can just as easily make one that's longer. Good catch on that.

• Like 2

Handy Don
2 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Here's the plow stabilizer I'm going to be using

IMG_20230129_144936693.jpg.cf1897bbee5f01e233e40a3e1f15e30a.jpg

Seriously, gentlemen (and I am, of course, using that term loosely :lol:)?! 

I used a piece of a worn plow edge and cobalt bits to drill it (hard stuff) and a 9/16” galvanized bolt. For the amount of use even a norther like @ebinmaine will give a plow, and assuming the bracket is 3/16 to ¼” thick, those parts will last a lifetime.

No need to gild the lily here, IMHO.

Also, Bill’s point is important, with the offset. that down rod is gonna be mighty close to hitting the plow frame rail.

• Like 1

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

Also, Bill’s point is important, with the offset. that down rod is gonna be mighty close to hitting the plow frame rail

Absolutely correct.

I don't remember the logic involved because I'm not the designer. It was put that way on purpose.

Handy Don
2 hours ago, ri702bill said:

Look at Don's version - right down the middle. Plenty of room to cleanly mount a bearing. Yours may be an issue - wider plate, mount front to back???

Making sure to give credit, I shamelessly copied @Ed Kennell’s design. My contribution was the washers on the outside of the Attach-a-Matic for constraining the sideways motion instead of relying on the “locking” arms on the inside. BTW, to be sure of snug fit, I used a spare Attach-a-Matic as a jig when I tacked the washers to the cross shaft.

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

Here's G II Don.     I added the front weight bracket to both of mine.102_2754.JPG.f7b2a0891f542225651787dccd16149b.JPG

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

ebinmaine
4 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

Here's G II Don.     I added the front weight bracket to both of mine. 

Interesting setup Ed. I was thinking about putting a generator right where your weight is. 

• Like 2

ri702bill
2 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

because I'm not the designer.

Back in the day, I would refer to that as the "Father of the Ba$tard child" ALWAYS got a response.... :ROTF:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1