SylvanLakeWH

Godspeed Dad...

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:     Sorry for your loss, both of my parents also lived long happy lives and passed peacefully. They truly were the greatest generation and all we can hope for is to live a life that comes close to mirroring theirs.  Rest In Peace.

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 2

rmaynard

So sorry for your loss. Even after a long life of 95 years, it's sad to lose someone.

Condolences to you and your family.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 2

Alex175

My condolences.  From the video and what you have written it seems he lived a long happy life surrounded by love and family, and in my opinion there is no better life lived than that.

• Heart 6

Ed Kennell
1 hour ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

I am a very fortunate man. Rest in Peace Dad.

It's clear he is also a fortunate Dad that is resting in peace.  :eusa-pray:

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 4

davem1111

So sorry for your loss. :pray:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

Pullstart

So sorry to hear Jim, may you all find comfort in this time of grief.  I joke that if I know when it’s my time, I’ll go dig the hole out back first.  I am not looking forward to that dig.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

rjg854

Sorry for your loss, but on the positive side you were able to enjoy so many, many, years with each other!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

Sparky

Sorry for your loss. 
  I haven’t lost a parent yet…but I know it’s coming. Don’t think it’s something we can prepare for. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 2

Bill D

My condolences to you and your family.

• Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

oldlineman

I always think of the great times I spent with my dad, he will be gone 5 years on Feb. 18th. was also 95, you have my sincere condolences. I can tell from your pictures that he also loved you very much. Bob 

• Thanks 1
  • Heart 3

ri702bill
2 hours ago, Sparky said:

I haven’t lost a parent yet…but I know it’s coming. Don’t think it’s something we can prepare for. 

I lost my Dad in 1980 when I was 26. I was married (still am) at 22, bought a house and we had my parents down here for dinner, weather permitting, on Wednesday nights. July 2nd, had dinner with them, they left before dark and went home.

Got a phone call from my Mom around 1:30 AM  - she told me that Dad was gone..... I asked "Gone where, out for a walk, did you pi$$ him off, what??" Only then did t realize what had happened.....

Fast forward about 8 to 10 years.... I worked with way too many folks that thought their Dad was too strict, being a real tool as they grew up. They SO regretted not being ever able to thank Dad for his supervision and guidance he gave them thru their rebellious years....

I, on the other hand, DID get to thank both my parents before they passed for their steadfast efforts to keep me inline......

With thanks,

Bill

Edited by ri702bill
  • Like 1
  • Heart 5

formariz

My condolences on your loss. It looks like was surrounded by family and their love the way it should be. A life well lived. 

• Thanks 1
  • Heart 4

Handy Don

Lucky Dad to have lived well for so long amid a clan lucky to have him and appreciate him. Looking at all the happy faces on that train is a great testament and memory.

Be well as you all carry on.

• Heart 5

stevasaurus

My prayers are with you.  

• Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

dclarke

My sincere condolences on the loss of your Dad. Rest in peace, sir. 

• Thanks 1

stevebo

I only hope I can live to 95 and then pass away peacefully like your father did. What a wonderful life he must have lived. My condolences to you and your family. 

• Thanks 1
  • Heart 2

19richie66

Sorry for your loss. Not an easy thing to go through. My two stepsons lost their father last Wednesday. He was 61. 

• Thanks 1