Sign in to follow this  
rynoD180

D180 Hydro / Rear end help needed

rynoD180

Hey all...new here, great site. It is nice to know I am not the only guy that is crazy about my WH. I have a 74 D180, plow, snow thrower, belly mower. Awsome machine I love it. Disaster struck the other day. I was done mowing and had left the tractor idiling at the end of the driveway...my wife moved the tractor out of her way and unbenonced to me set the parking brake when she left it. Well, I jumped on eager to buzz around to the back of the shop and pushed my hydro lever forward...tractor died, and now will not move forward or reverse. The hydro pump is working, deck raises normally, splines are not stripped from the coupling, removed the tow valve and started...got a quieser of oil out. With the rear end jacked up the wheels will travel in the appropriate direction, but i can stiop them by hand. I can hand push the tractor with the tow valve tight. It appears that the hyd fluid is bypassing somewhere in the hydro pump or rear drive. Any help is much appreciated...please tell me there is some kind of "saftey bypass" valve or reset somewhere I don't know about. Thank you in advance

d180man

Hi :ROTF: we have done that 1 or 2 times :thumbs2: but how hard did you push it? did it make a noice when you did it ? we have never had one stop moving but if some one cant help let me know and i will get you a copy of the hydro brake down! is it making a noice now? :thumbs: :ychain:

rynoD180

Thank you for the response! It really didnt make noise...just whinned (like under heavy load) and then the engine died. I would say I probably moved the direction lever about midway...It makes no abnormal noises now, just will barley creep the tractor forward and reverse , and I can hand push the tractor without opening the tow valve. I have my fingers crossed and am praying for an "easy Fix"

d180man

Hi sent you a email with or # if you like to call thanks! :thumbs2:

bitten

:thumbs2:

Hope you get it going.