Outlier

Tractor from IN to WA... or at least to a west zone Fastenal

Outlier

Pretty slim chances, but crazier things have happened...

Would like to move an 854 with blade and mower from one side of the country to the other. Any time in the next couple months.

See the back story here: Link to Post

Its currently in Zionsville IN. Had a ride lined up but weather changed the plans. 

Next idea was to ship through Fastenal, but they dont currently do East-West shipments.

I can get it on a pallet. If I could get someone to take it to a Fastenal at the edge of the West Zone, that might work too.

OR perhaps someone right on the border between the two zones could accept shipment from IN, move it to the other zone and then send it along? Wild right?!

In the meantime I'll look into other pallet-shipping services.

image.png.49ac5d4619a5abd5c2bbcf97501644a1.png

• Like 1

WHX??

Can you get a local member to get it and sit on it till you figure things out? Worked  for me once. 

• Like 1

Rick3478

I've not tried U-Ship.  Anyone have experience with that?

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH
49 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

Can you get a local member to get it and sit on it till you figure things out? Worked  for me once. 

:text-yeahthat: This is a good option...

I'm doing this right now until my personal delivery service guy @Pullstart gets off his snomotractor long enough to pick it up... :ychain:

oh wait, now he's touring the Country signing copies of Lawn and Garden magazine... seems he's Miss January... :scared-eek:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Pullstart

I’m about 5 hrs from Indy.  I recall, your family has possession of it right now?  Sorry your Christmas travel plans aren’t working out.  If there is a way they could get it to me, I have a trip to ND some time March/April.  I’ll be going to get tractors, so I’ll have the means to haul one too.  I could even palletize or crate it.  Last time I crated a tractor, it made it all the way to Bavaria in one piece!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

This is how I haul ‘em state side…

72270CE3-7A97-4227-B468-B49FBA5509AD.jpeg

• Like 1

Outlier

My brother was able to pick it up and has it in his garage now, so I do have some time to get something figured out.

@Pullstart where in ND are you headed? Looks like your hauling setup is perfect! And Bavaria?! Whoa!

• Like 2

Pullstart
27 minutes ago, Outlier said:

My brother was able to pick it up and has it in his garage now, so I do have some time to get something figured out.

@Pullstart where in ND are you headed? Looks like your hauling setup is perfect! And Bavaria?! Whoa!

Jamestown, ND.  Where is the east/west line?

Handy Don
3 hours ago, Pullstart said:

This is how I haul ‘em state side…

72270CE3-7A97-4227-B468-B49FBA5509AD.jpeg

Note that by hauling those horses so snuggled up together, they get used to having company. So, from then on...

Just warning you, @Outlier, of the potential consequences :)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

SylvanLakeWH

Yup

They do like to multiply ... kinda the rabbits of the garden tractor world... @Pullstart has one of the more well known breeding centers... :D

Edited by SylvanLakeWH
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Outlier

Looks like the line goes up the western edge of ND. 

I guess I wouldn't mind if my 854 multiplied into an 854 and a model 400 somewhere along the way ;)

Slippery slope eh?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Outlier

Thanks for all the ideas and the offers, things fell into place and I've got it!

I'm totally excited. 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1