Ed Kennell

Feeling Blessed

Pullstart

Glad to hear she is doing ok Ed!  

My mom told me today, “Well, you’ve got meat in the freezer and warmth in your house. I would say that’s a success.!!”  I’m feeling blessed as well.  Merry Christmas time y’all!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 3

elcamino/wheelhorse

Very glad Mrs. K is doing okay.

• Thanks 1
  • Heart 2

rjg854

Great to hear, Ed. Hope you'll have many more years to enjoy together.

Today just happens to be our 45th, hope we can do as well as you both have.

• Like 1
  • Heart 4

Ed Kennell
16 minutes ago, rjg854 said:

Great to hear, Ed. Hope you'll have many more years to enjoy together.

Today just happens to be our 45th, hope we can do as well as you both have.

Thanks Randy.    

See the source image

• Heart 2

rmaynard

Scary story Ed, and I'm glad that it had a happy ending. 

• Thanks 1
  • Heart 2

Handy Don

Quick reactions. Good communication. Transportation. Accessible and knowledgeable heath care providers. 

Well done everyone.

• Like 4
  • Heart 1

SPINJIM

Glad you knew what the symptoms meant and took quick action.  Thank God for the good health care workers also.   We would all be lost without out wives to keep us going, so we have to keep them going.  Glad it turned out okay.   

Jim

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 2

Zeek

I've been to that hospital. Good call on getting her checked by a good team and I'm glad that worked out :wub:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

Racinbob

That's scary Ed. Thank God for your quick reactions and the outstanding doctors. Your picture captures the love of two people meant to be together forever. 

• Thanks 1
  • Heart 4

edgro

I have had SVT for over 15 years now.  Going into an "episode" is a bit scary, especially it it is really intense. I've had 2 surgeries for Ablation that did not work. They have to be able to make it happen on the table to fix it, which it didn't either time. I'm taking Flecanide, and it has been under control for the last 10+ years now. It can also be controlled by "bearing down" on yourself. On one ambulance ride, I grabbed the hand rail hard when going around a corner, and that made it stop. Glad to hear she is ok, hopefully everything goes ok for her

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

Ed Kennell
4 minutes ago, edgro said:

I have had SVT for over 15 years now.  Going into an "episode" is a bit scary, especially it it is really intense. I've had 2 surgeries for Ablation that did not work. They have to be able to make it happen on the table to fix it, which it didn't either time. I'm taking Flecanide, and it has been under control for the last 10+ years now. It can also be controlled by "bearing down" on yourself. On one ambulance ride, I grabbed the hand rail hard when going around a corner, and that made it stop. Glad to hear she is ok, hopefully everything goes ok for her

Thanks for this additional info.      We meet with a cardio MD on Monday to make a plan and get some training on methods of control at home.

• Heart 2

edgro

You're welcome, hopefully everything will be OK.  They may send her home with a remote monitor to track it for a week or so, I've done that several times. The last time I wore one, I had it on at work. The guy from monitoring called me all excited and said I had to go to the hospital immediately. I said no, its just svt doing it's thing. He sain no, this is different, you have to go, they are waiting for you. So I went, next day cardoi Dr came in the room, and asked me why I was there. I told him the monitor guy said I had to. Of course never have any episodes when hooked to the machine. Anyway, no more Ablation attempts, now on max dosage of flecanide, and it's under control . Good luck to you both.

• Like 1
  • Heart 2

Bill D

Scary.  Glad everything is okay.

• Thanks 1

Brockport Bill

ya gotta love those essential workers, and first responders !!!! Hoping for you both to have great New Year - Bill

• Thanks 1

Ed Kennell

Off to meet with the cardio MD at the newly opened Cardio Center that Wellspan built at the Apple Hill Medical Complex..

rmaynard
43 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

Off to meet with the cardio MD at the newly opened Cardio Center that Wellspan built at the Apple Hill Medical Complex..

Good luck. 

Ed Kennell

Wearing a heart monitor and on medication.    A stress test is scheduled for next week.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

rmaynard

The new heart monitors are great. I had to wear one for awhile. This obviously is not me, but it's the same as the one I wore. Previously you had the device that you wore on your belt, then wires all over your chest. 

Again, good luck to Mrs. K.

monitor.jpg.e116c1a7abf17d3a5ff9467ff0b9f3f5.jpg

• Thanks 1

Ed Kennell

Yep, that's the one she has on now Bob.     I remember wearing a briefcase size one that recorded on a cassette tape.

She feels fine, but the EKGs showed some irregularities that need to be investigated.   

elcamino/wheelhorse

Make her take it easy . Ha Ha   I know that is going to happen.

• Like 1

19richie66

Glad to hear she is doing better. Definitely hug and tell those near to you that you love them. 

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

WHX??

Just caught this and good to hear she is doing well Ed. Happens again make her a bambi bologna sammy and call us in the morning. I can make her a Granny Clampett poultice. :)

• Like 1

Marv

Ed, Happy that it worked out well for her. My wife had a couple episodes  of bradycardia. She just went completely limp like a dishrag. No way I could lift her. ER visit and hospital stay for a bit. Scary. We are at the 65 year mark.

Marv

Ed Kennell
13 minutes ago, Marv said:

My wife had a couple episodes 

Glad she is OK.    Was there any treatment to prevent future episodes.

This was actually Mrs. Ks third episode.  

The first one in 2018 I found her sitting and unable to get up.   I called 911 and they injected the meds to get the heart rate down before transporting her for a hospital stay.

The second one was not as severe and she never told anyone.  I

The third one last week she was able to walk, so I took her to the hospital ER.

She is on meds now to prevent future attacks, but if she has another one, there is a procedure where they can go into the heart thru a vein, find the circuit from the brain that is short circuited and telling the heart to beat faster.   Then disconnect the faulty circuit.

• Excellent 1