20221207_152149.jpg

20221207_152138.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 4

Pullstart

That looks tough as [1,357] nails!

• Haha 3

Handy Don

Probably the strongest part on the tractor now! 

Looks nice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WHX??

Tractor is not a tractor without a draw bar! :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Rick3478
6 hours ago, benjiboo said:
6 hours ago, benjiboo said:

So I had previously bought a hitch for a larger horse and after trying to fit it to my Suburban like I had seen in another older post I found that it indeed did not fit without modification. So today I finally got time to retrofit the larger heavier duty more gooder better hitch to the Suburban. It's been about a year since I've fired up the welder but she ain't coming loose. Lol.

Nice work, but couldn't you have just stuck a piece of bar stock in the existing slot hitch?

peter lena

@benjiboo  very nice job on that , noticing the horizontal flat panel  on lower fender connection , be a great spot for 2 LED  tail lights , have them on my 3 horses , really stand out when road edge plowing , they have glowing brightness thats hard to ignore , pete

• Like 1

WheelHorse_of_course

Nice work!

The Suburban 500 that started the whole Wheel Horse journey for me had a slot hitch, but no lift kit. The dump cart had a tongue that fit in this hitch (that had a pivot as well). You had to lift up the hitch to slide it onto the bar on the cart. The fertilizer spreader (which was green) also had a similar red tongue that appears to have been factory (or dealer) installed.

Decades later we used the 500 to pull out our farm stand each day. That cart was originally set up for a Gravely 2 wheeled tractor. I can't recall how we modified that, but I know we still used the slot hitch on the tractor.

Other than that, no other implement's not even a mower deck. The Gravely was my grandfather's and the Wheel Horse was for my grandmother's, though of course there were always chores for us to do with it when we visited.

My grandfather called it 'The Little Bastard" because the original Clinton was a b!tch to start. Mor eoften than not the battery would be dead before you got it to fire and you had to use the recoil starter. At some point the Clinton died and the dealer replaced it with a proper red OEM Tecumseh. That started very reliably and it was easier to use the recoil than to spend the money to replace the battery.

Edited by WheelHorse_of_course
  • Like 2

benjiboo
On 12/7/2022 at 10:11 PM, Rick3478 said:

Nice work, but couldn't you have just stuck a piece of bar stock in the existing slot hitch?

Yeah a person could do that but it wouldn't be a solid mount hitch and could potentially flop around like if pulling a trailer with a ball there would be nothing to keep the slot hitch from lifting if the trailer rolls forward or the tongue lifts. A solid mount hitch is a better choice for that application. 

• Like 2