953 nut

The United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked

WHX??

Day early Richard but we get it... 

Big memorial at the VFW tomorrow. They wanted us to wear our uniforms. I think I grew abit and have more than fat fingers now ... :)

• Like 5

WHX??

Still my favorite...

Isoroku Yamamoto was supposed to have said, “I would never invade America, there is a gun behind every blade of grass.” 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 6

TonyToro Jr.

:USA:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

nylyon

Very sobering to visit the memorial, my aunt was living in Manoa Valley and recalled that day.

• Like 5

Pullstart

May we never forget, the many sacrifices our countrymen and women have made for our freedom.. :flags-waveusa:

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

SylvanLakeWH

:flags-waveusa:

Perhaps there are more important things - like this - that should be highlighted in our media... very few papers / sites indeed will note today, or if they do, it will be to suggest a problem with honoring the anniversary due to some nonsense...

Thank you @953 nut... history and truth matter...

:flags-waveusa:

• Like 5
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

953 nut
10 hours ago, WHX?? said:

Day early Richard

Not really, for our European members who's ancestors suffered seven years of battle it was already the seventh at the time this was posted.

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1

AMC RULES

RIP

Screenshot_20221207_063529.jpg.f35eed415b342397ce794bc0352934d0.jpg

• Heart 8

Pullstart
7 hours ago, oliver2-44 said:

Merchant Marines.

We recently watched The Greatest Beer Run Ever.  Chickee Donahue was just that, in Vietnam.  Quite the movie there.

• Like 1

Horse Newbie
1 hour ago, AMC RULES said:

RIP

Screenshot_20221207_063529.jpg.f35eed415b342397ce794bc0352934d0.jpg

What vessel ?… Arizona ?

Edited by Horse Newbie
  • Like 1
  • Heart 1

rjg854

Thank you Richard for posting that, I do believe that is the first time I've ever heard of that event.

• Heart 1

slim67

And Admiral Halsey was quoted as saying “ when we’re done with them, the Japanese language will only be spoken in Hell!”

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

The Freightliner Guy

Okay some of you may heard of My great grandpa Reese the one who brang wheel horse into my familys lives. Reese was shipped out from the U.S on December 5th, Aboard the USAT Etolin. After the bombing of Pearl Harbor the ship turned around and sailed back to the U.S. He related to family members that he only realized the ship was turning around on the 7th, because of the change in the ship's wake. The flags on the sides of the ship were painted over and there were no lights or smoking on deck during the return trip. When reaching the San Francisco harbor on December 10th the pilot said, We didn't expect to see you guys again, we thought you were on the bottom. The pilot raised a newspaper showing the headlines regarding pearl harbor which was the first mention of the attack to the enlisted men. Reese like others who served never liked speaking of his service during WW2. Reese passed away on November 11th 2003 his and all others service will always be remembered and i am grateful for all the service all of the  members that helped fight for our country.

Kollin:D

Edited by The Freightliner Guy
  • Like 4

953 nut
6 hours ago, slim67 said:

Japanese language will only be spoken in Hel

I've heard this saying before as well as the German language. The vast majority of the people of Japan and Germany did not want to go to war and suffered needless consequences as a result of a few ruthless power hungry  people. The people who caused this have a special place in Hell, not the people who suffered because of them.         :soapbox:

• Like 4

stevebo

I was surprised to turn on the tv and not see a bunch of Pearl Harbor movies today. It is sad the stuff that is on but very little to nothing to honor those lost that day….

• Sad 3

slim67
1 hour ago, 953 nut said:

I've heard this saying before as well as the German language. The vast majority of the people of Japan and Germany did not want to go to war and suffered needless consequences as a result of a few ruthless power hungry  people. The people who caused this have a special place in Hell, not the people who suffered because of them.         :soapbox:

That was then when those words were spoken and at the time probably justified. Japan now is far from imperial Japan. I’m not sure I can agree with you on those countries not wanting a war at the time.

• Like 1

D_Mac

I have our local newspaper from the day after. Remember newspapers?. Anyways its clear that on Dec 8th all the information on the attack wasnt even known yet. The accounts and information were underestimated. Todays world we cant believe what we hear or see in the news for different reasons.

20150622_172307_resized.jpg

• Like 2