19richie66

78 D200 “D-RANGED”

Pullstart

Totally Awesome Richie!  That guy’s green creation sure is a work of art!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

953 nut

:woohoo:             I will be watching this one for sure!

:confusion-confused:      So, the power output will use the break shaft, do you think it is strong enough or will it be replaced with a bigger shaft? Guess you will need to do some frame surgery to allow the input of the Eaton to line up with the crankshaft, no big deal for you. Will this be coupled to a geared transmission so you have a choice of operating speed ranges?

• Like 1

peter lena

@19richie66  https://www.bing.com/search?FORM=UP97DF&PC=UP97&q=off+road+heim+joints  you might consider heavier heim joints  on those linkage ends , pretty bullet proof . available in  right / left threading / type .  been using regular grade for years , with  no failures or issues , especially good in  angular  pull / push  application , make a problem go away , pete

• Thanks 1

19richie66

@953 nut I believe the brake shaft will be plenty strong enough as it is a 3/4” hardened shaft and inside supports the reduction gears for the differential. If I measured right, I have to take about 1-1/2” out of the right side but I will weld a new crossmember below the transmission housing. The brake shaft will drive a chain down to the 3 speed powerking transmission. To start I will use the same size sprocket top and bottom. We’ll see what kind of speed/power I get from that. If I have to, I’ll go up or down on tooth size till I get it right. The Panzer rear is a 4:10 geared axle if my observation is correct. 

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 2

19richie66
5 minutes ago, peter lena said:

@19richie66  https://www.bing.com/search?FORM=UP97DF&PC=UP97&q=off+road+heim+joints  you might consider heavier heim joints  on those linkage ends , pretty bullet proof . available in  right / left threading / type .  been using regular grade for years , with  no failures or issues , especially good in  angular  pull / push  application , make a problem go away , pete

There will be a lot of linkages removed and laid aside but what is left will get heim joints and quality rod ends, not to mention….. well greased :handgestures-thumbupright:

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 5

peter lena

@19richie66   you might even consider  automotive  tye rod ball joint ends , lots of types available ,  greasy pete

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

19richie66

Thinking about going with one steering tie bar(as a gt14)and maybe installing power steering. I have all the parts. Would just need hoses, fittings and a little creativity. Another road to cross when I get there. 

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 1

peter lena

@19richie66  creativity  is the word , would also consider flange bearings  , etc in your set ups , swage lock hydraulic  fittings , watch out you are getting close to my problem solving zone . jumped over the fence long ago , good luck , pete

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

19richie66

Another piece to the puzzle. No I can do some more planning.

4485A2ED-C6CE-465A-83C0-AB44B133B588.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 5

19richie66

Ready for surgery 

5FE66514-4E60-413A-A3A2-1837F31FEB9D.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3

Snoopy11

Strikes me, right or wrong... that those are some skinny tires on the front for a loader. :eusa-think:

I am in love with the D200 though... I read a thread a while back that most members deem it the biggest tractor Wheel Horse made. :)

I'd simply love to have one. Maybe one day... :P

Don

Edited by Snoopy11
  • Like 1

19richie66
1 minute ago, Snoopy11 said:

Strikes me, right or wrong... that those are some skinny tires on the front for a loader. :eusa-think:

I am in love with the D200 though... I read a thread a while back that most members deem it the biggest tractor Wheel Horse made. :)

I'd simply love to have one. Maybe one day... :P

Don

Those tires I believe were put on after the loader was taken off. They will not stay. It will get a set of 5 lug trailer hubs before its over. I had a D160 long ago but it was in really bad shape. The sheet metal on this is in fantastic shape…. Mechanically she is sick. 

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

Snoopy11
5 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

The sheet metal on this is in fantastic shape

Sure looks like it! Sweet looking! :handgestures-thumbsup:

Good luck on this one! I'll be along for the ride... drooling the whole time over your pictures... LOL :P

Don

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

peter lena

@Snoopy11  had a  D  SERIES ONCE , many years ago , guy up the road  was going to sell a pristine  red/ white/ black  horse , he barely used it , got it for 500 $ , with the 60 inch deck / plow !  was just too much for my set up , but wanted it , went after basics , replaced all oils , tidied up some loose wiring , had it maybe a month , contractor up the road was at my door , saying  the horse was promised to him  from the original owner , while we were hashing this out , he pulls out 100 $ bills , stuffed  1000 $  in my hand  and we were done , he bought it for his sister , I  made a quick 500$ , even after it was gone , still wanted it , but it was just too much for my little set up , thats my D  series  experience . it was in very good shape , no rust / dents / leaks , good old days , pete 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

19richie66

I will say, once you pull the side covers, it gets complicated. Levers and pivots everywhere. 

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 3

19richie66

Rear axle ready to go.

EC14E83C-747B-4021-BA30-7302925FCD86.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 6

WHX??

Hate to be a naysayer here ... Now I don't know the :occasion-clown: who posted this ... hopefully we won't see as many pages without seeing it running or driving ... :ychain:... :laughing-rolling: I'm sorry Ritchie... I love you bro but your reputation precedes you

AA53CA52-E8EE-4B92-A9EC-8F45EE6AC6C8.jpeg.98bc3db4e0d3442b78bedaf4e172d47b.jpeg

Edited by WHX??
  • Haha 6

19richie66
20 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

Hate to be a naysayer here ... Now I don't know the :occasion-clown: who posted this ... hopefully we won't see as many pages without seeing it running or driving ... :ychain:... :laughing-rolling: I'm sorry Ritchie... I love you bro but your reputation precedes you

AA53CA52-E8EE-4B92-A9EC-8F45EE6AC6C8.jpeg.98bc3db4e0d3442b78bedaf4e172d47b.jpeg

Not denying it Nubby. Things happen and have to sell stuff/change directions. My wife’s tractor runs and drives and I think that was less than 15 pages……does that count? :laughing-rolling:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

WHX??
22 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

My wife’s tractor runs and drives and I think that was less than 15 pages……does that count? :laughing-rolling:

Well... yah I guess so. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19richie66

:handgestures-thumbupright: thanks Nubs

• Like 2

19richie66

Test fit. Got it pretty much figured out but just need to finish making the mounts. Everything lines up pretty good. Got more pieces and parts coming. 

37297976-894C-4209-A6F6-9E69D9410F55.jpeg

8A7490F8-686F-4809-9CC5-0F797075CA3C.jpeg

8B694836-CA61-4C22-B87E-C24BD4E7F5A7.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 3

Pullstart

So, is that brake shaft going to be the input shaft of the gear transmission?

• Like 3

19richie66

Yes. It will have a sprocket and the transmission will have a sprocket. Chain drives the input shaft of the 3 speed transmission. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1