19richie66

78 D200 “D-RANGED”

OutdoorEnvy

Very cool build and kudos to you for taking it on!  Lots to think through but you are managing it all well.  Looking forward to seeing it come together!

:thumbs:

• Thanks 1

19richie66
53 minutes ago, OutdoorEnvy said:

Very cool build and kudos to you for taking it on!  Lots to think through but you are managing it all well.  Looking forward to seeing it come together!

:thumbs:

Thank you. Still working out some things but getting there. 

Edited by 19richie66

WHX??
On 1/29/2023 at 2:16 PM, 19richie66 said:

Once painted like skittles...

:laughing-rolling:

19richie66
54 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

:laughing-rolling:

This one isn’t that bad. At least it’s all natural and not five different hues of spray paint. :thumbs:

• Like 2

Zeek

Great fab work @19richie66, yo da man :tools-hammerdrill:

Miss you in FL  :cool: And by the way I still appreciate some of the location advice you gave before we moved here. It's been FIVE YEARS already!! We were super lucky to land where we did when we did. Curse the Mouse :kbutt:Hope you are enjoying you're new digs as well!

Edited by Zeek
  • Like 2

19richie66
On 2/2/2023 at 9:57 PM, Zeek said:

Great fab work @19richie66, yo da man :tools-hammerdrill:

Miss you in FL  :cool: And by the way I still appreciate some of the location advice you gave before we moved here. It's been FIVE YEARS already!! We were super lucky to land where we did when we did. Curse the Mouse :kbutt:Hope you are enjoying you're new digs as well!

Thanks Zeek! I don’t know about being da man but I try. 
 I miss some things about Florida but loving the country life. Glad you are settled in and doing well. 

• Like 1

peter lena

@19richie66  like the work up , you might even put disc brakes on the rear end hub / flanges , automotive set up , should be an easy find , pete 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19richie66
1 hour ago, peter lena said:

@19richie66  like the work up , you might even put disc brakes on the rear end hub / flanges , automotive set up , should be an easy find , pete 

Thanks Pete. I have part numbers for mustang rotors. Going to scavenge the local salvage yards around here after I get it moving. At least with mustang rotors, it’s still all horse. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

peter lena

@19richie66  yup was thinking about opportunity to do that , often refer to that phase in anything I do , you are right there , why not  make a change or  improvement ?  mustang parts also help, pete

• Like 1

19richie66

Not much but I built a small ladder subframe to stiffen this thing up. Real flexy without it. It’s 1” square tube welded to leftover Attachamatic brackets. I’m remaking the side mount for the transmission as it was kinda temporary anyways. It will be a 1/4” thick by 3” wide steel plate that will span the subframe and then stick out for the trans mount. I want it all to be able to be removable with  3/8 bolts. 

EE14C538-F842-4035-9FFF-77DA2BC70006.jpeg

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 5
  • Excellent 3

peter lena

@19richie66  , the way it should be done , pete

• Thanks 1

19richie66

All back together 👍 …. but I do see two holes I forgot to weld up. 

182B5D1C-AFF2-4AF7-9D04-C1FA9C6447C0.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 4

kpinnc

Very nice work! :thumbs:

• Thanks 1

19richie66
23 minutes ago, kpinnc said:

Very nice work! :thumbs:

Thank you sir. It doesn’t look bad from the house. :rolleyes:

Edited by 19richie66
  • Haha 1

Pullstart

Is it stiffer now?  Looking great!

• Thanks 1

19richie66
1 hour ago, Pullstart said:

Is it stiffer now?  Looking great!

Seems like it. It will get another brace across the rear under the 3 speed transmission. The hydraulic cylinder for the steering will somehow mount off one of the lower tubes, not sure which side. I hope to get the gaskets and new seal installed soon in the Eaton and the try to fire it up. Once I know it will move, I’ll get the steering figured out. It’s getting trailer hubs in front and I’ll have to revamp the spindles for a cylinder tab. 

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

19richie66

Converted front end to 5 lug hubs. Added a 7/8” wide piece of 1” id tubing to the spindles for the seal to ride on.
  Also reinstalled the transmission so I could install the pilot bushing to the plate. Used a gt14 rockshaft pivot collar to hold the bushing with two small set screws threaded into the collar. Cut my output shaft coupler to length and fitted a solid keyed shaft. This rides in a bearing mouted to a plate that will get welded to the subframe. The original 48 tooth panzer sprocket will get cut down to about 6” diameter as it has a stub shaft welded to the center of it. It will have a sprocket that lines up with the transmission output sprocket. Chugging along…..

B159D7C3-D028-43F0-917D-74B0CFFC9E3D.jpeg.9af59775865f18aff8f26d8b8a648db9.jpeg

78DA440F-12A1-4F24-B15D-1857C711568E.jpeg.ef415e0b1d5658084e69f4f23723336b.jpeg

83B3144A-82C5-442B-81D6-7A16E6A14C43.jpeg.7558d7a9d9e2a4045f01b3aeac958632.jpeg

255CDB5F-10B0-4123-9CE3-6D955D714D8B.jpeg.6b397b1f69529d1174974419a02a9dae.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 6

OutdoorEnvy

Thanks for posting updates and glad to see you are making progress.  I'm finding this entertaining as it's something probably bigger than I would take on.  But watching someone else do it might make me feel braver down the road... 

• Like 1

19richie66
25 minutes ago, OutdoorEnvy said:

Thanks for posting updates and glad to see you are making progress.  I'm finding this entertaining as it's something probably bigger than I would take on.  But watching someone else do it might make me feel braver down the road... 

It’s probably bigger than I should’ve taken on but it all just kinda fell together. Hope to fire it up soon and see if everything meshes correctly. Thanks for hanging out :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Pullstart

:confusion-waiting:

19richie66
9 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

:confusion-waiting:

Life and finances brother…… and I’ll beat uncle Jim to it

4DF19ADA-DDFB-4188-9565-AE8CE986C05F.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Lee1977
On 2/27/2023 at 6:16 PM, 19richie66 said:

It’s probably bigger than I should’ve taken on but it all just kinda fell together. Hope to fire it up soon and see if everything meshes correctly. Thanks for hanging out :handgestures-thumbupright:

It's not too big a project, you just need a shop. If you had a shop like Pullstart you would have been done a month ago.

19richie66
31 minutes ago, Lee1977 said:

It's not too big a project, you just need a shop. If you had a shop like Pullstart you would have been done a month ago.

You’re right. I should have built a shop instead of starting this project but I’m eat up with it. I actually made up a material list last night. 👍

• Excellent 1