19richie66

78 D200 “D-RANGED”

kpinnc

A 3-range hydro? Very nice! :thumbs:

• Like 1

19richie66
8 hours ago, kpinnc said:

Yes sir! I have to figure out my sprocket sizes. The green home made tractor in the video is running a 3”, 10 tooth sprocket up top  and a 4”, 16 tooth sprocket on the bottom. First  gear is 3.2 to1, second is 1.7 to 1 , third is 1 to 1 and the panzer rear is 4:10 gear ratio. Hydro is 3600 rpm input and the brakeshaft(output) is 0-1700 rpm depending on motion control lever. I failed math so hopefully it works. :scratchead:

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

953 nut
14 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

Yes sir! I have to figure out my sprocket sizes. The green home made tractor is running a 3”, 10 tooth sprocket up top  and a 4”, 16 tooth sprocket on the bottom. First  gear is 3.2 to1, second is 2.4 to 1 , third is 1 to 1 and the panzer rear is 4:10 gear ratio. Hydro is 3600 rpm input and the brakeshaft(output) is 0-1700 rpm depending on motion control lever. I failed math so hopefully it works. :scratchead:

:eusa-doh:     And if you put them both in reverse there is no telling how fast you will go forward.         :jaw:

• Haha 4

Pullstart
1 minute ago, 953 nut said:

:eusa-doh:     And if you put them both in reverse there is no telling how fast you will go forward.         :jaw:

:auto-layrubber:

• Haha 3

19richie66
45 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

Reverse is the same ratio as first. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

Pullstart
38 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

Reverse is the same ratio as first. :handgestures-thumbupright:

So, there IS telling how fast you’ll go?  Do we get to see :auto-layrubber: still?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

kpinnc
4 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

I failed math so hopefully it works.

I think everything I ever built had between 50-75% trial and error. The good news for you is those two sprokets give you quite a bit of adjustment to work with! I can't wait to see how it turns out!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart
4 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

I failed math so hopefully it works. 

19 minutes ago, kpinnc said:

I think everything I ever built had between 50-75% trial and error. The good news for you is those two sprokets give you quite a bit of adjustment to work with! I can't wait to see how it turns out!

Just remember the rule of area.  Cornbread are square.  Pie are round.  If you remember that, the other 80% will come naturally!

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

kpinnc
19 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

Just remember the rule of area.  

Live by that one fellas! :lol:

• Like 2

8ntruck

I've done some of the math for you.

Axle speeds at full hydro speed per gear:

1st - 81 rpm

2nd - 152 rpm

3rd - 259 rpm

What size tires are you planning on using?  The diameter of the tire will determine the ground speed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19richie66
1 hour ago, 8ntruck said:

I've done some of the math for you.

Axle speeds at full hydro speed per gear:

1st - 81 rpm

2nd - 152 rpm

3rd - 259 rpm

What size tires are you planning on using?  The diameter of the tire will determine the ground speed.

Going with a set of 27” tall tires. According to the Eaton manual, the pump at 1700rpm output speed translates to 112rpm axle speed on a stock tractor. So if I am correct, first gear will give me a nice low gearing, second will be a little faster than stock and third will be “hold on”. 😁

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 3

19richie66

I got my steering coupler in and fit it to the brake shaft. Had to take a little off the flats on the shaft till it slid on. Half of the coupler is 3/4” round and the other half is “double D flats”. Fits perfectly and now I just need to find a 1-1/4” id sprocket to weld onto it. Also got the rest of my mount made for the righ side. Removed the temporary cross piece and now it sits in there on it’s own. Everything is just tacked and roughed in. 

7F088A9E-3178-4ABB-B371-76135418DCC5.jpeg

49C94B37-C89F-43D3-B1EA-715326A04438.jpeg

CD28FF31-6B82-4634-9C6C-FF2A31903E49.jpeg

C37DA5BE-638C-47D7-96AE-1063B0A3F421.jpeg

288D53CB-C462-4669-8BDF-AC4BB88A519A.jpeg

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 4

Lee1977
On 12/14/2022 at 11:14 PM, kpinnc said:

With two reverses looks like you four ranges in both directions.

Tractor supply has weldable sprockets, don't remember the hole diameter. I used one on the Ford Shortdog It most have a 1" hole as the hub measures 1 1/4". It's a small sprocket and I don't know If all there sprockets have the same size hole.

Edited by Lee1977
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19richie66
2 hours ago, Lee1977 said:

With two reverses looks like you four ranges in both directions.

Tractor supply has weldable sprockets, don't remember the hole diameter. I used one on the Ford Shortdog It most have a 1" hole as the hub measures 1 1/4". It's a small sprocket and I don't know If all there sprockets have the same size hole.

Reverse and first gear are the same ratios in the standard and also the same in the hydro trans so it wouldn’t be a different speed with both in reverse but you would be going forwards :scratchead:. I need a 1-1/4” bore for the top and probably about the same on the bottom. I have two splined sockets to turn down and weld into them. Going to be interesting 

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 2

8ntruck

Hmmmm.  A 27" tire gives 84" travel per wheel revolution. Using 1 inch/minute x .0009 to convert to mph.

Unless I botched the math, this gives the following speeds at full hydro speed:

1st gear - 6.5mph

2nd gear - 12mph

3rd gear - 20mph

Might want to consider makeing the driven sprocket bigger, maybe 25 or 30 tooth.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19richie66
33 minutes ago, 8ntruck said:

Hmmmm.  A 27" tire gives 84" travel per wheel revolution. Using 1 inch/minute x .0009 to convert to mph.

Unless I botched the math, this gives the following speeds at full hydro speed:

1st gear - 6.5mph

2nd gear - 12mph

3rd gear - 20mph

Might want to consider makeing the driven sprocket bigger, maybe 25 or 30 tooth.

I sure do appreciate you taking the time to do this. Food for thought 👍

• Like 1

953 nut
On 12/15/2022 at 2:36 PM, 19richie66 said:

According to the Eaton manual, the pump at 1700rpm output speed translates to 112rpm axle speed on a stock tractor.

That is true but you are not using the reduction gears to the axle. You had previously said 1700 RPM which is the output you are using on the brake shaft. I checked @8ntruck's math and he is spot on.     :handgestures-thumbupright:

If both sprockets were the same size and you used your transmission in high gear that will give you 1700 RPM at the driveshaft into the rear end and axle speed of 414 RPM +/-. At seven feet per revaluation for a 27" tire that is 2898 feet per minute (173880 feet per hour) about 33 MPH.     :jaw:

The 10 tooth sprocket from the Eaton to 16 tooth sprocket on the manual transmission would give a more civilized 20 MPH speed as @8ntruck said.

If you don't plan on doing any heavy work with the "D" that would be a blast!

1700 RPM  =  414 RPM   X  7 ft/Rev  =  2898 ft/min  X   60 min/hr   = 173880 ft/hr   = 33 MPH +/-

4.1                                                                                                             5280 ft/mi

Edited by 953 nut
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19richie66

I sure am glad we have some smart people in here. I can only figure so much before going into overload. I’m Mr. Trial n Error. I figure first gear will give me a nice lower working gear and third will be moving from one place to the other quickly. Watch out at the Big Show cruise :laughing-rolling:

• Haha 4

8ntruck

If you set it up this way, 1st gear will be a normal Wheel Horse hydro drive working range, 2nd gear will give you a road gear, and 3rd gear will give you an autobhan gear.  :auto-layrubber:  

• Haha 2

19richie66

Going to have to find some speed rated tires. Rears are good for 50mph. 

• Haha 1

Pullstart

I’ve got some 1/2 scale circle track Hoosiers Richie!  They’ll get you there, just no mud driving!

elcamino/wheelhorse

@19richie66 I would let @Pullstart try the 33-mph speed. Flip flop kid is younger, and bones are not a brittle, plus he has hit his head so many times he would not ask for a seat belt or insurance.

• Haha 3

19richie66
53 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@19richie66 I would let @Pullstart try the 33-mph speed. Flip flop kid is younger, and bones are not a brittle, plus he has hit his head so many times he would not ask for a seat belt or insurance.

Crash test dumm…… I mean crash test buddy :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Haha 5

8ntruck
15 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

I sure do appreciate you taking the time to do this. Food for thought 👍

No problem.  Glad to help.

• Thanks 1

19richie66

Got the rear end in it. Possibly have to raise it up into the frame. If that happens, I’ll cut the whole tail end off and weld in some stronger box tubing. The frame is bent anyways. Just need to put my wheels I am going to use on it and see how it will sits. Moved the axle centerline back 1” so hopefully the wheels sit in the middle of the rear fender. The 3 point hitch is going to fit with a little trimming. 

9D047FBE-9114-42E4-8658-D8AE50D1ED9D.jpeg

48940E5B-8C93-4FB8-8FE8-DC2A952AD193.jpeg

E775CB8D-CEAC-4F19-BB3C-ED8CB4F40CF4.jpeg

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 4