6wheeler

Shelling dried beans

6wheeler

Hi all. I was shelling some Pinto beans tonight and thought. I bet everyone that grows these and shells them by hand? HATES IT. But? I have a way that works very well. I am going to try to load some pics. And? If it works? A video. I know? Stop. Did he say video? Are his kids home to do it? I said, Try🤠🤠🤠. Here goes. Take a paint stirring wand. Cut it off to 16 1/2". Then? I took 9 links of a 1/4" chain. Cut the 9th link. Split it enough to go around the lower shaft. Hook the remaining links onto that link. Then? Bend it back to keep it around the shaft. Put it into a drill. Fill a 5 gallon pail with dry pods to about 40%. Any more than that? Makes it hard to shell the cleanly. Make a screen fron 1/4" square screen. Dump the pail onto the screen. Have some sort of tub under the screen to catch the beans. Pods stay on the screen. Good luck. Pat

20221202_175028.jpg

20221202_175817.jpg

20221202_175908.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 3

Ed Kennell

Wow, I'm impressed.

Now hook it up to a PTO and we can add it to the strange Wheel Horse implement thread along with the ice cream freezers, wood splitters, and chicken plucker.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

SylvanLakeWH

:eusa-clap:

Patent

Sell on Etsy

Retire

:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Thanks 1

Pullstart

I can’t see the whole video, but awesome!  I just made a ham and bean soup yesterday with dry beans.  Yummy!