uglyblue66

E 141 Front wheel bearing

uglyblue66

I took my wheels from my E 141 to have a couple good tires put on, the clic came un done and the front wheel tried to come off, in doing so,the inner wheel bearing came apart.

It appears to be a roller bearing as there were a few of the balls in there. Where can i get a a replacement bearing? I can't find a part number on the bearing to interchange with.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

gwest_ca

Is the spindle 3/4" diameter?

Is the inside diameter of the tube where the bearing goes in the wheel 1-3/8" diameter?

Original part number 107124 and no longer available from Toro

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

Bummer... I haven't had mine apart so I don't know, but i'm following along to learn...

Edited by SylvanLakeWH

953 nut

uglyblue66

OK, I will have to measure the hub after I knock out the piece still in it.

KIMG0323[1].JPG

KIMG0324[1].JPG

Achto

Here is another source.

https://www.amazon.com/Marathon-Replacement-Precision-Ball-Bearings/dp/B002Y289VO/ref=asc_df_B002Y289VO/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167133658256&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1065576667384654961&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1028137&hvtargid=pla-307376699206&psc=1

My local Ace Hardware carries these bearings as well. Usually find them in the plastic drawers in the hardware section. The ones at Ace are not sealed bearings like the ones above so they will need to be greased just like the originals.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

ri702bill
2 hours ago, Achto said:

The ones at Ace are not sealed bearings like the ones above so they will need to be greased just like the originals.

The sealed ones are the way to go - no more grease stains on the wheels....

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Handy Don

Just to clarify, these are ball bearings.

Roller bearings ride on cylinders instead of balls (and if the cylinders are really small, they are called needle bearings:)).

If you go with sealed bearings (I concur with @ri702bill that these are way to go), @peter lena will advise you to open them and replace the "stock" lube with something like Lucas Red or Green before installing them. Be sure to replace both bearings in each wheel at the same time!

I've done this to four tractors now with no issues and I was able to really degrease the wheels in the process so things are a lot cleaner. I even changed the bushing-style bearings on my garden cart over to sealed ball bearings.

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

uglyblue66

thanks folks, I was really annoyed and concerned it would be a real issue to try to deal with. the tractor has had a flat for a month and I finally got it fixed and was going to haul some fire wood out of the woods with it and didn't make it very far . Maby next week!

• Like 2

uglyblue66

Ok, the inside of the wheel is 1 3/4 inch, the spindle is 3/4

After some research, I found this page,

https://www.myelec-traks.com/810007R1.pdf

Along with alot of other info but the wheel bearing part number it shows for the E141 is 107124.

KIMG0339[1].JPG

KIMG0340[1].JPG

Edited by uglyblue66
  • Thanks 2

953 nut

@gwest_ca, do we have this manual in our reference section?

gwest_ca
42 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

@gwest_ca, do we have this manual in our reference section?

Yes we do.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

peter lena

@uglyblue66 have also firmed up those bearings , with additional washers , that detailing also eliminates the play issue . its a regular thing for me to look at the  INTENDED FUNCTION . of wheel horse anything , and detail in it working better . thin washers are available for that set up , that firming hold of the bearings prevents the horizontal  shucking side to side play that starts bearing destruction . the pictures above , which I can relate too , are what made me look for a change , since stopping wheel , side play , there is no bearing issues at all .road tested it , and applied it to my other horses , so I  know it works . make a change on a problem area, just my own experience, pete    

• Like 1

uglyblue66

Well. I will get these spaced up good once I figure out what bearing to get,

I had already bookmarked that manual location before a friend told me about this site, but it is good that it is on here as well.

Edit,I went by Ace hardware and sure enough they had the 1 3/8ths bearings in a box! BUT to itsybitsy to fit my application. :(

Thanks for the help. I found some on ebay,and sent a message to see if they combine shipping. when they let me know if they do I will buy 4 and just replace all 4 at the same time. May not need them but I don't want this issue again. This tractor is not light!

and jacking it up out in the yard is not fun

https://www.ebay.com/itm/204160343890

Edited by uglyblue66
  • Like 3

uglyblue66

fed ex brought the bearings this afternoon.so to get them in tomorrow. The above ebay link ,they do combine shipping so it was 43.77 total for the 4 bearings and shipping. I just went ahead and bought 4 because the shipping was the same for 4 as it was 2.

and all are the same age and use.

• Like 3

uglyblue66

Well exact fit,worked great. I took out the inner seal and left the outer 1 in so I can grease the wheels with the fitting.

I got 4,and just about cheated and just put the other 2 on the shelf for later but went ahead and checked and I am glad i did.

The tire guys had ruined the other inner bearing to.it came all to pieces when I messed with it just  a bit.So all new,and I took it on a night time run.glad to have it going .It had sat a while because of a flat bad tire then the bearing screwed up.

• Like 3