cafoose

Clearing the forest with the Cat D4

cafoose

I was having lots of fun knocking down trees yesterday with the Cat D4 dozer :helmet:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3

8ntruck

Heck of a lot easier than what I'm doing.  You got the same amount of area cleared in 5 minutes that has taken me several days by hand.  And I've still got stumps to deal with.

• Like 2

cafoose
24 minutes ago, 8ntruck said:

Heck of a lot easier than what I'm doing.  You got the same amount of area cleared in 5 minutes that has taken me several days by hand.  And I've still got stumps to deal with.

Actually took a few hours for me to clear that and I still have to push trees out of the way and level the ground for the big bonfire when I'm finished :happy-bouncyredfire:

• Like 2

Ed Kennell
1 hour ago, cafoose said:

push trees out of the way and level the ground for the big bonfire

So you did all that just to roast marshmallows Chuck?   :ychain:   You're havin way too much fun.

• Haha 6

cafoose
8 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

So you did all that just to roast marshmallows Chuck?   :ychain:

Yep :handgestures-thumbupright: :happy-bouncyredfire:

8 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

You're havin way too much fun

thumbs up.jpg

• Haha 3

JoeM

That is the way to do it.

A friend of mine has a small excavation business and told me one of the biggest mistakes when clearing trees is to cut them down. 

He comes in and pushes them over with a excavator and most of the roots come out.

If the people want firewood he stacks them with the excavator using the thumb so it is easy to cut.

Says roots take alot to time to dig out.

Only works on medium to small trees. 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

peter lena

@cafoose  good turkey day !  fly fished a lot in Montana  , battel creek ranch , rocky mountain front , bob Marshall wilderness  area.  jack had a  D 9 CAT  to rough out and  clear  numerous areas for future ponds ,  also had a problem with trespassers  fishing on the ranch , found a pickup just on the back side of  a rocky slope , that D 9 , crushed that into a  flat pile with no effort , then he called in the local Sherriff ,  problem solved ,  pete  

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

cafoose
8 minutes ago, JoeM said:

That is the way to do it.

A friend of mine has a small excavation business and told me one of the biggest mistakes when clearing trees is to cut them down. 

He comes in and pushes them over with a excavator and most of the roots come out.

If the people want firewood he stacks them with the excavator using the thumb so it is easy to cut.

Says roots take alot to time to dig out.

Only works on medium to small trees. 

my thoughts |  THAT'S MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY | image tagged in memes,roll safe think about it | made w/ Imgflip meme maker

• Like 1