857lover

d160 drive coupler won’t fit

857lover

so i got this d160 it didnt have a drive coupler so i bought one and for some reason the rubber parts holes wont line up to the flywheel i can get one bolt in but the other bolt is just a little far off i’m not sure why this is but i can get the second bolt to the hole but i can’t thread it in because it’s crooked 

9E95D3CB-5313-46AD-A1AC-EF3B84BB2115.jpeg

Edited by 857lover
  • Like 1

Pullstart

The engine looks very crooked.  Is it just the angle of the picture, or is the engine not square to the pump?  If it is all straight, it might need to be loosened, and assembled a little at a time.  Get the coupler going together, then get the engine back where it needs to be.

857lover
35 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

The engine looks very crooked.  Is it just the angle of the picture, or is the engine not square to the pump?  If it is all straight, it might need to be loosened, and assembled a little at a time.  Get the coupler going together, then get the engine back where it needs to be.

the engine is sitting straight by looking at it 

• Like 1

"Manic-Mechanic"

Is this the original engine? Just noticed the screen off for whatever reason

• Like 1

pacer

Dont know if this will help in your situation, but the  ---- preferred? method is to mount it to the flywheel first with the splined piece attached and then push the engine/coupler onto the pumps shaft.   :eusa-think:

Been awhile since I've done one but thats what I seem to remember??

One of you other fellas comment on that method?

Edited by pacer
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1

pfrederi

Is this an Onan engine??  Onan and Kohler rubber couplers have different part numbers....

Pacer is correct on procedure to install hook it all up to engine then slide it on to pump shaft.  Also there is a TSB on checking alignment using a timing light...

Edited by pfrederi
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1

857lover
15 hours ago, Pullstart said:

i have figured it out so the for some reason the previous owner didn’t have the engine bolted down so it was sitting up too high because the engine mounts where sitting on top of the bolt due to it not being threaded in 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

"Manic-Mechanic"
1 hour ago, 857lover said:

i have figured it out so the for some reason the previous owner didn’t have the engine bolted down so it was sitting up too high because the engine mounts where sitting on top of the bolt due to it not being threaded in 

That's what I was wondering, if it was the original engine, whether it had been replaced or removed for whatever reason, glad you got t!:auto-layrubber:

• Thanks 1