peter lena

grandson just graduated , USMC boot camp

Sparky

Awesome and congrats to your family! Is his goal to be an aircraft mechanic? 

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

Thank him for his service please... :flags-waveusa:

Congratulations! You must be very proud!!!

• Excellent 1

Pullstart

:flags-waveusa: Thank your for your service Little Greasy Pete!  :lol:  Congratulations!  In all honesty, your humble commitment to our country speaks leagues of your character.  Thank you for your service indeed!

• Like 2

TonyToro Jr.

Tell him thank you for your service!!! :USA:

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

Congrats and thank you Ezra and Pete.

• Excellent 1

peter lena

@Sparky  no not a mechanic , has his sights on being a crew chief  on a ,  c 130 ,  my son  has  flown and jumped from quite  a few ,and said their safety record , and capability  is incredible .  Ezra  wants to see the world , lots of interests , and related military  schools ,  his  want to do things , drives him ,  his transformation  is amazing , my sons military experience  , has  been instilled in EZRA .  grandpa , pete      

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 1

953 nut

I'm sure you are very proud of your grandson's decision to go into the Marines. Sounds like he is an ambitious young man and I applaud his decision to serve our country. If he applies himself the military offers lots of avenues for advancement.      :handgestures-salute:

• Like 1

peter lena

@953 nut  thank you for the reply , and happy turkey day to you !  my other grandson recently came home from welding school  in Ohio , will be going back  till spring , the transition  and conversations you have with grand children , as they , transition into adults is , very interesting , as your  exchanges  are now on the same page . my grand daughter  is going to LONDON  in the spring , wonderful to see them grow up with  intent and solid views . have a great family day , pete   

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

rjg854

As a father of a Navy vet, I say one of the best things he could do for himself.  My son said he got meet people from all across the country and see how others think and act, which gave him a broader view of life. He even said it was the best decision he could have made for himself. He was also able to put himself through college. He's turned out to be a good man.  So I'm happy for your grandson. Hope he has the same experience with his decision.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

peter lena

@ rig854  , my sons intent before signing up for the army , was to have them pay for collage  , but make it interesting  along the way , went  AIT, AIRBORNE , 3RD RANGER BATTALION  , did all kinds of  very endurance  related courses, finished up at   PAN MUN JOM,  "  IN FRONT OF THEM ALL " , north Korean  border . met all kinds of  interesting people . had to  do all his college  chasing  as his  government  colleges were  regularly changing  benefits .  made him better , extremely self reliant , he too is a  good man , can instantly  look thru a problem , and see and alternative , to getting it done .  glad my children  learned how to survive , live , have no doubts  of them making it , pete        

• Like 1
  • Excellent 5