Sign in to follow this  
WH654

New Member from Eastern PA

WH654

Hello All,

I grew up in Western PA and spent many, many hours on a Wheel Horse 654 on our 48 acre farm and neighboring properties in my teen years. I used to carry extra fuel under the seat, pack a lunch and make a day of it.

I now live in Eastern PA and looking at all the pictures of the old "Round Hood" Wheel Horses makes want to have one again. I do not have much room in my garage so, I was thinking maybe an RJ-58/59 with a plow would be fun and much narrower than a 654 to keep in the garage?

Scott

nylyon

Welcome to RedSquare I'm sure you'll find something to you liking and perhaps a member or 2 may have some ideas as well.

:thumbs2:

TJ

I don't think there is much of a difference in the wheelbase for the round hoods. Any of the models would probable fit nicely.

One thing is for sure, your in the right state to find one. I swear, more than half of the Wheel Horses ever made are in Pa.

Sparky

Good luck in your search for a "horse" !

Mike......

Bill

WHC-125

Duff

:thumbs: , Scott!

Glad to have you with us. When you do find a machine, let us know and :ychain: !

Duff :thumbs2:

N.C. horserider

:thumbs2: Lot of good info and help here if you need it Scott.

whfan74

:thumbs2: Hope you really enjoy the forum. There is so much knowledge and helpful people here that you will feel right at home.

Of course like the others have said we would love to see pictures when you acquire a horse.

But as we all know one leads to two and then the madness begins! :thumbs:

WH654

Thank you All for the nice Welcome!

I went to a swap meet today in Bangor PA and there were a lot of nice tractors there big & small. I got to see and sit on an RJ-58 for the first time today and it is not much smaller than a 654 that I had when I was a kid. So, maybe I'll look for a 654.

I only have more questions now. lol.. but I'll try and ask them in the right area, not here.

JimD

bitten

The best thing I know to tell you is build another garage that is much bigger :thumbs:

rustbucket

:thumbs2: what part of eastern PA you live in? i live up around the stroudsburg area just outside of a small little town called marshals creek off of route 80. good to see another eastern PA wheel horse enthusiast around.

WH654

Bitten,

"The best thing I know to tell you is build another garage that is much bigger"

I stopped at the shed/barn place by my house and priced a 10 x 14 :thumbs2: I have been wanting to get a small building to get all of the gasoline cans, snow blower and dual sport bike out of the attached garage.

rustbucket, I live in Quakertown not far from you (1 hour) Did you go to the Bangor tractor meet this weekend?

Red Iron

Obviously, a case of saddling up a horse never lets go easily.

Suburban 550

:thumbs: Scott. Ya just gotta love them round hoods. Good luck with your search. :thumbs2:

rustbucket

if you mean jacktown fair i was there friday saturday and today.

yesterday i was rolling around on my 753 with the dualies. seemed i was the only one there with duals in a place that you only need singles for. today i was rolling my old blue jacobsen around :thumbs2: