Goldnboy

Clevis hitch rigid support

Goldnboy

Any members use solid bars/straps instead of chain for connecting the rear rockshaft to the clevis hitch. I will be using a rear scoop tote and was thinking these will be necessary 

Shown are some methods used by other brands.

20200924_100031.jpg

• Like 2

kpinnc

Unless you find a way to make a solid (non-flexible) connection from the belly rockshaft to the rear one, solid lift links won't provide any down pressure. 

Down pressure on these light tractors is somewhat overrated. At best, you simply break traction at the rear wheels regularly on high spots.

On most implements (not sure about the scoop), you're better off adding weight to the implement somehow so far as creating more "bite" back there.

• Like 2

Handy Don
3 hours ago, Goldnboy said:

Any members use solid bars/straps instead of chain for connecting the rear rockshaft to the clevis hitch. I will be using a rear scoop tote and was thinking these will be necessary 

Of course, you aren't expecting to get down pressure, right? (Can't push on the cable between the mid- and rear-rockshafts :lol:)

The only concerns I would have are:

- is there enough clearance under the seat at the rear rockshaft for the link and its fasteners through the full range of motion

- does the link put any lateral pressure on the rear rock shaft by pulling it toward one side (a chain or cable clevis pulls in the middle, a single solid link might not) The double link you picture would take a lot of room under the seat (though it would give a lot of length adjustability, if that was important)

• Like 1

ebinmaine
4 hours ago, Goldnboy said:

Do you have pics of the implement? 

• Like 1

Goldnboy

I am thinking about  replacing the chain to the rockshaft.  I am thinking backing into a pole of mulch with cause the chain to buckle up

20220410_083746.jpg

Screenshot_20221013-110832_Facebook.jpg

Edited by Goldnboy
  • Like 2

ebinmaine

Seems to me there should be a cable there.  Not a chain?

Also thinking said cable would normally go under the seat bracket?

7 hours ago, Goldnboy said:

I am thinking backing into a pole of mulch with cause the chain to buckle up

I can see your logic there.  

How's the angle of approach to the rock shaft?

Would the solid rod have to be in a bow or arc shape?

Handy Don
13 hours ago, Goldnboy said:

I am thinking about  replacing the chain to the rockshaft.  I am thinking backing into a pole of mulch with cause the chain to buckle up

20220410_083746.jpg  Screenshot_20221013-110832_Facebook.jpg

The chain is only ONE of TWO flexible links in the rear lift setup. 

There is a cable running through a tube from the mid-tractor rock shaft to the rear rock shaft.

You have a chain from rear rock shaft to implement (some users replace this with a cable)

You can replace the chain with a solid link, but the cable will still buckle on compression.

• Thanks 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

@GoldnboyI would like to see how you plan to attach the bucket to the hitch. You could attach an electric actuator to move the hitch up and down . I ran actuator to my clevis hitch so I could mow and use the rear hitch at the same time. It was a bit of a pain but it worked. If I can find the thread I will show what I had to do.

Goldnboy

This is a better picture of the scoop

20221026_173216.jpg

• Thanks 1

Handy Don
15 hours ago, Goldnboy said:

This is a better picture of the scoop

20221026_173216.jpg

So it's on a sleeve hitch. How does the dump lock/release?

• Like 1

Goldnboy

It  uses a pull rope that latches on the square in the center of the bucket. Shown is in dump mode.

20221026_173321.jpg

• Thanks 1

Bow_Extreme

I’m still waiting.  I’m looking for the $500 you owe me or the weight sets that you promised to ship last week.  So far you’ve tried to block me from social media platforms that you exist on. My patience is wearing thin and you can make this right.  

Edited by Bow_Extreme