jleitschaft

420 LSE

Pullstart
20 minutes ago, The Freightliner Guy said:

You know @Pullstart wants all those but mainly the LSE

Honestly, every tractor in my fleet needs to be worked or at least run to enjoy them.  Personal feeling.  I couldn’t bear to buy such a low hour machine and let it sit… or rack up the hours.  None of these are for me, even though I 100% appreciate them for what they are!

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2

ebinmaine
34 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

Honestly, every tractor in my fleet needs to be worked or at least run to enjoy them.  Personal feeling.  I couldn’t bear to buy such a low hour machine and let it sit… or rack up the hours.  None of these are for me, even though I 100% appreciate them for what they are!

Agreed

• Like 3

Handy Don
1 hour ago, Pullstart said:

Agreed as well.

• Like 3

Brockport Bill

i don't understand?? You mean you wouldn't park the LSE in the living room next to the TV so it can just be looked at every nite -- just an added beautiful piece of furniture and then let it sit like a good stock and watch it appreciate in value like any good asset???????? If it's worth those big $$$ bucks now, just think what it would be worth decades from now!!!!!!!!!!!! Certainly a beautiful machine!!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Brockport Bill

420 LSE listed at $7,950 new on Tractor Data -- is it worth more or less $ now????????

• Like 2

Horse Newbie

Apparently less… according to estimates…

Edited by Horse Newbie
  • Like 1

Pullstart

It could be that I had no clue of it’s value in the first place @Brockport Bill :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

EB-80/8inPA
16 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

It could be that I had no clue of it’s value in the first place @Brockport Bill :handgestures-thumbupright:

I was talking to an auctioneer recently - someone whom one would expect to have a fairly solid grasp on what things are worth these days.  He lamented that it’s getting impossible to know the value of anything anymore.  I chock it up to living in what’s now referred to as 🤡🌎.

FWIW, your estimates didn’t seem too out of whack to me.   But who knows?  There may be some guy out there that would prefer to have that LSE parked in his living room than $8000 in the bank earning squat.

Edited by EB-80/8inPA
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 1

lynnmor
2 hours ago, Brockport Bill said:

420 LSE listed at $7,950 new on Tractor Data -- is it worth more or less $ now????????

If someone would have invested in a S & P 500 Index Fund instead of a new 420 LSE, he would have about $119,250 now.  The only thing that many collectibles does well is the possibility of flying under the tax radar.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

EB-80/8inPA
2 minutes ago, lynnmor said:

If someone would have invested in a S & P 500 Index Fund instead of a new 420 LSE, he would have about $119,250 now.

Yeah, but do those shares look as good parked next to the television?

• Haha 4

lynnmor
3 minutes ago, EB-80/8inPA said:

Yeah, but do those shares look as good parked next to the television?

If you would have waited till now, you could have about 15 of them parked there.

Oops, I forgot that the government gets to keep about 4 of them.

Edited by lynnmor
  • Haha 3

Horse Newbie
4 hours ago, Brockport Bill said:

I would say more… to a collector, and adjusting for inflation.

What would a machine today of the same quality cost ?

While I can certainly understand a collector shelling out big bucks for a tractor in the condition such as these, for me personally I would spend less…

I look at my tractors (certainly none are of the quality as these) as good for me…

$140 or so to purchase my 1994 520H, plus maybe 4 or 5 hundred, maybe less, to get it the way I wanted it…

$FREE for my 1984 Work Horse, plus maybe 4 or 5 hundred, maybe less, to get it the way I wanted it…

Most of those dollars was for tires, and powder coating…

I feel like they are nice enough for me not to abuse or neglect, but not so nice as to where they will be taking up real estate in the living room… they will be worked if need be, joy ridden if need be, left outside ONE NIGHT (probably not) if need be, but certainly enjoyed…

Edited by Horse Newbie
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 2

johnnymag3

If one of us had a crystal ball........

money is less valuable than memories of DAD..........  :) 

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 4

c-series don

@jleitschaft it’s nice to see this thread revived, I wonder what became of this?

Brockport Bill
11 hours ago, johnnymag3 said:

If one of us had a crystal ball........

money is less valuable than memories of DAD..........  :) 

First tractor I nagged my Dad to buy was 1963 Montgomery Wards 7 hp tractor ( mower, plow, cart, sweeper )  - - and that's simply because we regularly shopped at Wards and always walked by them on display

• Like 2